futuredivot

How can I kill time in Manassas, VA

I'm flying up tomorrow. I'm working a show Saturday, but I couldn't get a flight home until Sunday. I've never been in the area, being Good Friday, I figure most things are closed. Whos' from that part of the country that cal tell me som edrive-by scenery?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Lots of Civil War attractions there. Maybe one night you can sit out in the fields where the battles were fought and tell us if you heard or saw anything strange. ;)

http://www.manassascity.org/

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Aw c'mon if he wants to hear Civil War stories, he can just ask 'Twardo. :)

I thought the Revolutionary War was his thing?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Depending on how much time you have, you could drive into Washington DC, or drive to the Springfield VA Metro (train) station and take the Metro into DC. Walk around the monuments and Smithsonians. (They're open according to the websites) You're only 33 miles away in Manassas and it's well worth the trip! Or, go visit the Manassas civil war battlefield and see where Stonewall Jackson got his name!
Learn from the past - don't live in it!

How can I kill time in Manassas, VA...

Same as you do everywhere else, torturing puppies and dressing up like a French hooker.:)

:D:D:D

Not sure how Good Friday will affect the tourist attractions but there's plenty to do there. Aside from the Manassas battlefields, it's a short ride to several of the other battlefields and if you're really into that stuff, Gettysburgh is about an hour and a half to two hours drive. You'll be in the Blue Ridge Mountains and there are several caverns in the area. Luray Caverns is probably the closest and in my op, the best of them....that's the one that has the "Stalac-pipe Organ".

If you're into a nice drive, you're at the very north end of the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive. The scenery is outstanding and there are pull-offs, where you can stop and look across the Shenandoah Valley (sunrise & sunsets are awesome). As others have said, you're handy to D.C. and the convenient "park & ride" system. Fredricksburg is less than an hour away....Williamsburg , Yorktown and VA Beach are from about 2 hours to 3 hours drive, respectively. If you've got a ride and the time, it's well worth the trip....the Colonial Parkway (from Williamsburg to Yorktown) is a scenic drive and there's plenty to see, in both Colonial Williamsburg and Yorktown.
"T'was ever thus."

Where in VA is MishSkyGirl? Maybe she can help. :ph34r:

Sure, just have her show up with some other people (at least one male) and I'll buy her dinner and vouch for her existance

Forget dinner. Come drinking at the Clarendon grill in Arlington, thats where we usually are on Fridays. A friend bartends there so there isnt much of a need to buy drinks :)
Send me a picture so I'll know what you look like.

I'm flying up tomorrow. I'm working a show Saturday, but I couldn't get a flight home until Sunday. I've never been in the area, being Good Friday, I figure most things are closed. Whos' from that part of the country that cal tell me som edrive-by scenery?

Yeah, get the f out of Manassas, that's the only cure. If you pack your own food and tent you could join us for some camping overnight. Just look for the burning section of woods.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Send me a picture so I'll know what you look like.

Don't need one...when it gets dark from him blocking the sun with his girth, and the room tilts from the weight...Shane has arrived! B|

Watch him carefully around puppies! [:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Same as you do everywhere else, torturing puppies and dressing up like a French hooker.:)

As long as he doesn't call home . . . we're going to be a little preoccupied.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As long as he doesn't call home . . . we're going to be a little preoccupied.

:D:D:D