schuey87

What documentation should you get with a 2nd hand cypres?

You can get the Cypres User Guide here:

http://www.cypres.cc/Downloads/6_2_Users_Guides/CYPRES_2_users_guide_English_11-2005_b.pdf

This one is an updated Cypres 2 version of the one on the web page. It shows the the Speed version as well.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have a bad habit of making up my own terms.

The cypres units come with a card that shows the unit x-rayed. It comes in handy when traveling. If TSA questions the contents of your bag, you can show them the card along with your explaination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Is the X-ray card a form of proof of what is inside? Is the cypress not to be X-rayed because of malfunction? Or am I totally OFF?

Totally off.

The X-ray card is there to help explain/identify the cypres components which will be visible in the X-ray security will take of your carryon gear.

The idea is that security will X-ray your rig and if they have concerns you can show them the card and perhaps save yourself a reserve repack. I wouldn't go offering the card unless they actually voice concerns.

TSA/DHS allow AADs on board, you should explain this and ask for a supervisor who understands this, but they can still open your rig if they want to.

On a used Cypres you want to make sure the unit's up to date on its 4 & 8 year services, if it's that old. The Mfg date is marked on the unit, and I believe an identifying marker is put on the unit at each of the 4 & 8 year services. Your rigger will know what to look for, as very few riggers will dare to pack an AAD that's not strictly kosher. There should also be data on when the batteries were last replaced - every 2 years on the Cypres 1 and every 4 years on the Cypres 2 (which is included as part of the 4/8 yr services, so you shouldn't have to mess with them at all). If any of these services are not up to date, you probably shouldn't buy the unit at all.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !