Cat Barfed on computer monitor....

She must have been sleeping on top of it when she tossed the Friskies. It didn't look like very much juice flowed in through the ventilation slits on top, and it's a cheapo, so I didn't bother taking it apart or letting it dry out. No problems so far, but a friend had it happen to his monitor and it caused an HV arc/short inside, killing the thing (monitor, not cat).

Has this ever happened to you?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Not on the computer, but on the floor, beds and living room furniture? Yes. >:(

That goes with the territory when you have a long hair cat. Mine hacks up a furball about every 6 days.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not on the computer, but on the floor, beds and living room furniture? Yes.

Don't you love when you get out of bed first thing in the morning and step in a fresh pile of cat puke? [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

She must have been sleeping on top of it when she tossed the Friskies. It didn't look like very much juice flowed in through the ventilation slits on top, and it's a cheapo, so I didn't bother taking it apart or letting it dry out. No problems so far, but a friend had it happen to his monitor and it caused an HV arc/short inside, killing the thing (monitor, not cat).

Has this ever happened to you?

No, because I never open BillyVance's attachments when the cat is looking at the monitor.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Don't you love when you get out of bed first thing in the morning and step in a fresh pile of cat puke? [:/]

Been there... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Both my longhair cat and my shorthair cat barf occasionally. This time it was the shorthair, but they usually barf on the floor (sometimes my bed:(). At least it didn't hose my monitor.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Get Purina Indoor Formula dry cat food. Whether they are indoor or outdoor cats it helps with the furballs.

I have 3 cats and now I only step in one of those icky things every few months or so. :D

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Get Purina Indoor Formula dry cat food. Whether they are indoor or outdoor cats it helps with the furballs.

I have 3 cats and now I only step in one of those icky things every few months or so. :D

They are both indoror cats. Haven't used Purina Indoor yet, but will give it a try. Thanks!!

-NickDG

Been there... B|

Me too. Ours has only done it on the floor so far and I came to the conclusion that pets and carpet just don't go together.:(

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Been there... B|

Me too. Ours has only done it on the floor so far and I came to the conclusion that pets and carpet just don't go together.:(

wet barf on laminated or tile floor is worse when you're walking and don't see it, you go down like a sack of bricks. Fuck, that hurt! B|

That's what we feed ours. Doesn't help. We've used a formula in a tube from the vet that smells like caramel with a bit of a pasty/wet consistency. You dab a bit on the top of their paw. That's the hard part, but it sure is fun to watch them run around on three legs and shaking the 4th! :D They'll eventually lick that stuff and it helps. I need to get our cats back on that stuff.

No matter what i feed my cats, one of them is a puker. Tis been going on for years and i have discussed it with the vet. She just eats too fast and doesn't chew food very well. Vet told me as long as she has healthy poop and the puke doesn't contain blood, she'll be ok.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

That's what we feed ours. Doesn't help. We've used a formula in a tube from the vet that smells like caramel with a bit of a pasty/wet consistency. You dab a bit on the top of their paw. That's the hard part, but it sure is fun to watch them run around on three legs and shaking the 4th! :D They'll eventually lick that stuff and it helps. I need to get our cats back on that stuff.

:D

I've tried that stuff too. It works, but so does butter. And it's cheaper. ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

*knocks on wood*

The cat that has owned me for the last year either hides her puke extremely well or she doesn't upchuck. She's a shorthair tabby (and adorable I must say) that has eaten Purina One Chicken & Rice since she decided to live with me. I'm grateful for not having to step in dried up furballs mixed with saliva and other goodies from her tummy.

Wow... This makes for some good lunch talk. I'm hungry. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Been there... B|

wet barf on laminated or tile floor is worse when you're walking and don't see it, you go down like a sack of bricks. Fuck, that hurt! B|

:D:D:D You must admit, it's easier to clean, though. (if you didn't break your arm, that is)

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

That sounds like Laxatone. Very sticky!

As for the fur balls, try Natural Balance cat food, and a regular once-a-day brushing. The Natural Balance improves the strength of the coat to prevent breaking, and the brushing will get rid of the hair that naturally falls out. You can get the food at Petco (not Petsmart).

Most of the grocery store brands of pet food are junk food. They've got a lot of fillers in them and can cause problems like urinary tract crystals (this can cost thousands of dollars to fix... it's cheaper in the long run to just buy good quality food).

:D

I've tried that stuff too. It works, but so does butter. And it's cheaper. ;)

Have you tried mineral oil? It doesn't cost much more than butter, and it works really well to help with hair balls.

I had a cat who used to love to sleep on top of a book shelf. He'd lean over and hack all over anything and everything. We called him the acuracy hacker! :P

One thing that always amazes me about cats is how neat and fastidious they can be about their litter boxes and food, yet they will hack anywhere and actually seem to avoid throwing up on anything that is easily cleaned. Try catching them right when they are about to puke and putting a newspaper or paper towel underneath them- I know mine will turn their heads and deliberatey miss the towel!

We've used a formula in a tube from the vet that smells like caramel with a bit of a pasty/wet consistency. You dab a bit on the top of their paw. That's the hard part, but it sure is fun to watch them run around on three legs and shaking the 4th! :D

Try dabbing it on two paws, and post the video!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

They've got a lot of fillers in them and can cause problems like urinary tract crystals (this can cost thousands of dollars to fix... it's cheaper in the long run to just buy good quality food).

Nah... Not thousands, but just about... ;) It was $1700 to fix my dog up... They had to remove 14 stones from her bladder and one stuck in her uretha. :o:| She's off her pain killers now, but I'm feeling the pain from the bill.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself