pyke

Strattera Rocks!!!

Okay - so I have been recently "officially" diagnosed with ADD...(always sorta known, but never did anything about it - now that it's affecting my professional life - I did something)

(when your shrink laughs at you - is that bad thing??;):D "you weren't kidding - you really do have ADD!" were his exact words...guess I bounced around a little in my patient history!:S)

So, I've started my course of medication and WOW - this is the bomb. I'm so focused and intent it's not funny!!B|

It's a shame my job gave me notice already - I actually really want to be working right now...and I know I could get lots done. I can't wait to get another job - I'm going freakin' RAWK!!

Anyway - anyone else on this stuff? how does it affect you? side affects...if anything - I'm thirstier than normal (common, apparently). Do share!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Okay....I guess I'll save my "normal" pyke reply here...:D Glad to hear things are a little smoother now. I hope it doesn't affect your personality TOO much though!(although I know some people who hope the other way!:P)

Maybe now you can focus on both the left AND right shoes while filming in freefall!!!<------Blatant public attack on camera skillz!!! (bring it on!)

ps: will call you about the "thing" tmr after a conversation I need to have!:ph34r:

I'm on long-acting ritalin. It works great, makes me super thirsty though. And I have to remember to eat because it kills my appetite, so when it wears off I'm ravenous.

Don't need it when I jump, somehow I'm able to concentrate on physical action much more than mental action.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I just had a conversation with a friend who has ADD and is on meds yesterday. I too am ADD, never been to a DR, but there is no question I have had it my whole life. I had trouble as a kid, but I just have to remind myself to stay focused. Now I run a hotel, so I think my ADD helps... It is very fast paced and lots of multi tasking so I am usually working on 10 million things at a time.

My friend said he loves the meds and he is really focused, but he almost seems he lost the abilty to do more than one thing at a time. Do you think this could happen?

they do say that you may have a tendency to be hyper-focused on it. It's not a wonder drug, but it is certainly making me sit down and want to do stuff I need!!!

I suppose meds combined with 'to-do' lists and what not would make me crank through my day - but it takes effort on my part - and of course - the buzz helps!!:)

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,

Maybe now you can focus on both the left AND right shoes while filming in freefall!!!<------Blatant public attack on camera skillz!!! (bring it on!)

I warned you!!!:oB|

:D:D:D:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,

Well it's about damn time...FREAK!!!:D:ph34r:

No seriously. That's what my sis takes and she LOVES it. She's tried several and Straterra is all around best for her. Be careful about drinking though. You may want to skip a few weekend days;). Or who knows, you may enjoy being a lightweight!!!
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

no kidding...was at neighbors last night and after 2 I felt like I was the "drunk in the corner!"

I guess I really need to curb my appetite a bit...oh well - I've needed to anyway!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,

I am glad that you are feeling better. Any luck on the job hunting??

Were going to turn him into a Yankee this summer!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to tell Maranda(packin Cathy's daughter..) that you might be coming around!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D She misses you Blaine!!!!:D:D:D
:| Well.....

My wife has ADHD, and she has been on several different meds. She very briefly tried Strattera. Didn't like it. Now uses Adderall XR. It helps her focus all day long, and wears off before dinner. She's in bed most nights by 9 or 10 pm. She loves it. I like her when she's on it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Okay - so I have been recently "officially" diagnosed with ADD...(always sorta known, but never did anything about it - now that it's affecting my professional life - I did something)

I'm on Concerta (time release Ritalin). My insurance won't spring for Stratera until I've tried the others because it's way more expensive.

I took Strattera for about a month and a half last winter before the side effects got too hard to handle. It did leave me fatigued, not focused. I also had the thirst, dry mouth, upset stomach irritability and mood swings. Even worse, I had other side effects that are not so nice when the moment should be great!:S

I switched to Adderall, which has been great. No side effects other than appettite.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Can you share some with Shimell

bite me spence!!!
ive been taking stratterra for about 2 years. i started taking it the month the fda released it...

just recently i started taking concerta on top of it...

it takes about 2 weeks to really start working but the effects that your enjoying will dye off after 6-12 months..... im going to start slowly coming off it and stick with the concerta... just wait till you stop at a light and fall asleep sitting there..... stratterra will make you tired... not tired but when your board you will just be sleepy.."narceleptic"...

when i first started it was great. but had to lower dose because of side affects....

it will make you emotional as hell also.,..

hel pyke.. you start getting more emotional you might as well grow tits!:o

im the ADHD poster child.. ive tried it all.. im the one they study for these meds..;)

im going to try concerta mixed with a very mild dose of kolonapin next....

my doc, preatty much lets me do my own reserch and mix and match things as i see fit. as long as they dont conflict....

he wouldnt let me have stimulants for YEARS untill recently i told him to get over the bullshit about them and let me try... i like the stimulants WAY!!!! better than the stratterra.... a mix of the two isnt bad either.....

it will even help with mild depression...

i like the stimulants WAY!!!! better than the concerta.... a mix of the two isnt bad either.....

Boy for someone that says he's the poster child, you sure seem backward.

Concerta IS a stimulant, and Strattera is not.

My daughter cannot take any stimulant based medications, period, and our insurance will not pay for Straterra whatsoever. Another one on the outside looking in. :(
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

hel pyke.. you start getting more emotional you might as well grow tits!:o

If he grew his own tits, all of his problems would be solved and he'd never leave the house! :ph34r::D;)

... and Bob would probably dump Casie! :o
(just kidding! .. but you do wonder huh? hehee.. :ph34r:)

Wow... no wonder you unleashed hell on ninjaswooper a couple of weeks ago in the skyride thread! :ph34r:

My wife has tried just about everything too. Adderall XR seems to work best for her.;) I like her a lot better when she's on it... :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i like the stimulants WAY!!!! better than the strattera.... a mix of the two isnt bad either.....

Boy for someone that says he's the poster child, you sure seem backward.

Concerta IS a stimulant, and Strattera is not.

My daughter cannot take any stimulant based medications, period, and our insurance will not pay for Straterra whatsoever. Another one on the outside looking in. :(

oops.. soposed to say stratterra

Zoloft kicks Strattera's ASS!!!!:D

ya whatever.... that is untill you start getting TICS. body flinching and crazy shit like that

nuh uh...bullshit...zoloft mellows your ass out and makes you feel like "who gives a fuck":D:D