simplyputsi

Who is ready to go clubbin!!???

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1514169;search_string=seal%20hunt;#1514169

old thread, already been 'slaughtered', and my very old reply from 2005:

Re: [alana] Canada approves of killing baby seals [In reply to]

shaddup fer chrissake if you do not live in the region then you know nothing about it.

Yer in my backyard now ya yellers........

But seriously. Let me see, we hunted seals for 200 years, became part of the ecological order, Bridget Bardot gets on TV holding a poor baby seal and the hunt goes to shit, pelts prices plummet, and the seal hunt comes to an end.

Now we are up to our asses in seals, the fish stocks are down, if not decimated (only partly due to seals), we have seals in places where they have not been seen in 100 years (looking for food) and by now everyone has forgotten about it anyway.

Greenpeace execs finally confess they needed the seal hunt coverage every year to pay for the whale campaign every year and that it was not really a big problem. So after a few years, everyone gets over it. Demand for pelts starts to rise, and we start the hunt again.

Let's compare -
- I have no idea where the 1 million number comes from, garbage I think, the quota is quite small.

- http://www.cattlerange.com/...beef/world-beef.html we consume some 10929 (1000 tonne increments, that is 10929000 TONNES) of beef every year. That's a buttload of beef. They get raised in pretty good conditions, but they die with a bolt shot through their head and we eat them, you just do not see it (and cows are ugly)

- http://www.fas.usda.gov/...radecharts/pork2.gifI if am not mistaken that is 700,000 TONS of pork exported, that's a lot of pigs. I wonder how much on top of that we really eat? Raised in tight conditions and killed with either a bolt through the head or a throat slit while they are still alive. Oh yes, and they are ugly too.

- http://www.meatami.com/...onandConsumption.pdf
Looks like we kill BILLIONS of CHICKENS EVERY year, many of them raised in 12" cube pens and then hung by their feet and throats slit.

- just got back from Belize. Guys in canoes spend their days snorkeling for lobsters that supply Red Lobster and Olive Garden, some http://www.globefish.org/...itestatid=-925680757 37000 Metric tons of lobster have been produced. You figure it out, that is a buttload of lobsters. We boil them alive (and they are ugly).

Now the reality is that we eat food, some of that food comes from animals. We eat animals. For that to happen, we KILL animals, of all kinds.

When I pet a deer at the zoo, it is cute and I think what a great animal that is and how cool it is to be near it and to experience it.

When I line that deer up in the crosshairs. I think, what a great catch and what a load of meat in my freezer - that's going to taste really good!"

I accept it for the way it is. Seals are killed quite humanely, we eat the meat, and we sell the furs (Do you wear leather shoes)?

Stay away. we do not appreciate the bad-mouthing of our 'industry'. Many rely on it to make a living. If you stand outside with a sign to protest Iowa Pig farmers, then I might respect your point of view.... But I expect that is not the case.

TK

Dangit you made me go to sc!! well not this thread, but your link. Blast!!!!:P

and I don't really care. I was just starting some shizzy as it seems rather dead in here today. Get it. ba dum dum.

There was a blurb in the paper about how 3 people died on a ship that was hunting seals. That sucks.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

An Eskimo's Harley goes on the fritz. He takes it to a mechanic, who, after examining the vehicle, says, "I think you've blown a seal."

To which the Eskimo replies, "No, that's just a little ice on my mustache."

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Lemme know when it's turtle clubbin season...:D

Not likely - I'll just get a bolt through the head
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There aren't enough turtles yet. You have to have over population of turtles to be able to beat them to death with clubs.

:|

There are lots of turtles around the lake behind my home. Too many in fact. However, the herons need their food so I'm not about to interfere...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

sounds like turtle clubbin time. Make sure you get the little ones first, they are easier to catch anyway.

No no, he needs to go for the big turtle first. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

sounds like turtle clubbin time. Make sure you get the little ones first, they are easier to catch anyway.

No no, he needs to go for the big turtle first. :D

This looks promising.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

that game sucks my balls!!!!

I second that motion!

But by playing it - you wasted your time and I am that much happier for it.

My balls needed washing anyway.