nopurpose

Stupid Parachutist Ad.

On page 65 of the Parachutist is this address:
www.anewskinforeveryone.com

You go there, a bunchy of freaky shit happens, and obvioulsy its a puzzle of some sort. They tell you to search the classifieds, and there is an ad that says:
Carving is easy, you just go down to the skin and stop.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't figure this out and it's pissing me off.

Source code for the page says:

On page 65 of the Parachutist is this address:
www.anewskinforeveryone.com

You go there, a bunchy of freaky shit happens, and obvioulsy its a puzzle of some sort. They tell you to search the classifieds, and there is an ad that says:
Carving is easy, you just go down to the skin and stop.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't figure this out and it's pissing me off.

Are you serious?

Did you see the USPA in Capital letters?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Type answer here
Michelangelo painted his self portrait on the alter wall of the sistine chapel.

...can you find it

Just to the lower right of Christ, near His left foot, is Bartholomew holding a streched out human skin to symbolize his martyrdom. Michelangelo painted his own face into this skin.

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sistine/40j-E.jpg
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Here is what it is:

You erase the word Type answer here and type in MICHELANGELO. Then it shows you the Sistine Chapel painting. You click on the skin held by Saint Bartholomew, and then it launches your email so that you can send them an email.

I was going to do it, but I stopped myself. Does anyone know what they're selling?

(clue for the clueless: left-click & select the blank space for the answer in this post.)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Ok, maybe I'm just retarded (probably) but I tried typing in that answer and clicking enter and nothing happened.....

Maybe my comp is just messed up?

This reminds me of some of the viral marketing that the Dark Knight movie did with the Joker. Was kinda fun for a while to dig around.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Dave,

I figured I'd put some time into this since I'm bored, and we're on a tornado watch :)
Anyway, I figured the clues were paragraph:line:word, but I'm not sure what the question/answer combo they're looking for is (man I apparently suck at these things :D)

Anyone else gotten anywhere with this? I agree it seems like a jumpsuit or something (obviously fabric related). Seems weird to go to all this trouble for an advertisement with no reward or anything. My guess is there's more to this than 'they' are letting on.

Ian

I didn't really follow a path to get there... I read through the javascript at http://www.anewskinforeveryone.com/97918230/gate2.html and figured there must be a http://www.anewskinforeveryone.com/97918230/gate2.swf...

Couldn't figure out what messages they are looking for, but I did figure out that you can right click on it and hit Play to move ahead to the next screen with the links. Maybe they haven't posted the right clue yet...

Dave

I ended up getting there through the path and used a lot of what you found. In the end I had to type:

In message1: Dangers and emergencies and more importantly tragic consequences if any fabric is on people

message2: Panic is on the horizon

I gotta look at the new links to the blogs you found (they come up after gate2) and see where that leads.

On the first page (http://www.anewskinforeveryone.com/), you have several options to enter...
michelangelo
just1n
sc0tt
ax3l
t0dd
k0lla
chemicals

On the second one (http://www.anewskinforeveryone.com/97918230/clue2_alt.jpg), here are the two items.

dangers and emergencies and more importantly tragic consequences if any fabric is on people

panic is on the horizon

The image linked above references either "dangers and emergencies", "dangers and helping", or "dangers and Michael". My guess is that it is "dangers and emergencies". Too bad the image doesn't tell us for sure.

There are references to USPA ('retUrnS 2 PAper"), etc.

Good luck.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Here is what it is:

You erase the word Type answer here and type in MICHELANGELO. Then it shows you the Sistine Chapel painting. You click on the skin held by Saint Bartholomew, and then it launches your email so that you can send them an email.

I was going to do it, but I stopped myself. Does anyone know what they're selling?

Goat-skin jumpsuits. Only the best for the advant-garde. B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

We need someone with the March issue. I think the answer from the pic http://www.anewskinforeveryone.com/97918230/clue2_alt.jpg is
Page 29, Line 2, Word 5.
page 24, Line 15 Word 7.
Page 29, Line 1, Word 1.

I think the message I got through (below) was from that. It was from the Feb issue of parachutist.

In message1: Dangers and emergencies and more importantly tragic consequences if any fabric is on people

message2: Panic is on the horizon