iluvtofly

My boss kicks ass!!!!

So today my boss comes in and says, "Don't make any plans for June 6, 7, or 8th." Seeing as how I already took off to go to Skyfest and signed up and paid for registration, balloon jump, helicopter jump and high altitude jump I ask him why. He said that weekend he signed us up for a class that's mandatory for employment. (I've been asking about taking this class since last August.)

The class costs somewhere around $300, but my boss will pay for it so long as I sign a thing stating I'll work here for at least another 6 months to a year. So since he's paying for it he gets to chose when we take it.

I tell him that I requested that weekend off almost 2 months ago, was told by his wife that I got it off and already spent close to $300 on registering for stuff for that weekend.

So he turns around and goes back in his office for a few minutes. Comes back and tells me that he rescheduled the whole class so that I wouldn't have to cancel my plans for Skyfest. :)

So today my boss comes in and says, "Don't make any plans for June 6, 7, or 8th." Seeing as how I already took off to go to Skyfest and signed up and paid for registration, balloon jump, helicopter jump and high altitude jump I ask him why. He said that weekend he signed us up for a class that's mandatory for employment. (I've been asking about taking this class since last August.)

The class costs somewhere around $300, but my boss will pay for it so long as I sign a thing stating I'll work here for at least another 6 months to a year. So since he's paying for it he gets to chose when we take it.

I tell him that I requested that weekend off almost 2 months ago, was told by his wife that I got it off and already spent close to $300 on registering for stuff for that weekend.

So he turns around and goes back in his office for a few minutes. Comes back and tells me that he rescheduled the whole class so that I wouldn't have to cancel my plans for Skyfest. :)

For what its worth, let me know his T shirt size if you want. I will throw one in for him, better yet we will get one for the wife too.. I bet I can afford it, I know this guy who owns a boogie and prints T shirts for a living;)

Yeah I know how private owned ambulance services are. I applied for one down here. The boss (or who was supposed to be the boss) wanted me to pay for my EVOC!! Can you believe that!! I told him, I though you would pay me while taking the class since it's technically supposed to be considered part of the job
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

They wanted me to pay $200 for it.

So I was thinking: $200 / $21 (ticket price for 13,500 ft at Z-Hills) = 9.52 Jumps

So I figured I would skydive instead.. I found another company which offered to pay for orientation and EVOC was included. I was supposed to do the orientation May 1st, but since I broke my fibia in a night jump 4 weeks ago, I get to have a little vacation:)
Are you an EMT?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin