LisaH

What do birds talk about?

At 7:30am mine started talking....'good morning', 'want to come out', 'YO!', 'Whatcha doing?' 'Go Birds!' and much more...it's fun to hear them waking up!

Awww, I miss my parrots. I meant the birds outside. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Solitary birds are very macho, and will say things such as "I'm here and I'm extremely big and formidable, just watch my incredibly beautiful plumage and how I can sing on in breath and out breath for 5 hours straight, so watch out!

Gregarious birds have more complicated social lives, and I have no idea of what they are talking about, except that their uncessant chirping is how they keep up their social bonds and keep the flock together. Must be pretty similar to people just chatting about the weather and the sale on the shopping mall, and how one of them was taken by the hawk the other day, wasn't it awful, so young!

I'm so happy to hear the birds sing again, most of them are gone all winter, and hearing all their songs and cries and noises is just wonderful. It means better times when I can take out my bicycle again or even skydive.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Guy birds gossip about who in the opposite sex has got the loosest 'tail feathers'...:$

Girl birds just yak about worm recipes and 'empty nest' syndrome...:P

That's what I thought.

I knew it couldn't be about the latest fashions or cars. :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Guy birds gossip about who in the opposite sex has got the loosest 'tail feathers'...:$

That's what I thought.

Maybe what cars make the best 'poop bomb' targets! :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's what I thought.

Maybe what cars make the best 'poop bomb' targets! :o

I was sitting in my car getting ready to leave several years ago when I spied a little bird flying directly towards me on the driver's side. Just before it passed right over, I saw it poop and score a direct hit right on the center of my driver's door window. Right in front of my nose. I swear! The little bastards are good! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyone ever seen the LYRE bird!!!!!! Quite easily the MOST vocally talented bird in the world!!!!!!!

Lives only in Australia and can mimic pretty much any sound!!!!

I saw one start of mimicking the other birds (it can do them all pretty much) then because of the loggers in the forrest all of a sudden you hear a car alarm!...Then chainsaws....Then the tree falling into the forest Even...a cell phone ringing and they all sound like they have been recorded on a tape and played back!!!

If you can find a link to check out this bird you wont regret it!!;););)

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Around my yard, the animals converse.

Frogs. Approximately 12% of all frogs living in the Southeastern US, live in my back yard. When the moisture changes, they are back there announcing it.
Sometimes they are so loud that you have to wait for a pause before talking.

Squirrels. Announce the trespass of any cats with angry chittering and tail-snapping. Otherwise, squirrels are the silent, bipolar members of the animal kingdom.

Dogs. They actually only say two words, "Look!" and "Where?"
They call to the other dogs whenever anything of interest happens. That is really why dogs bark more on full moon nights. They can just see more.

Horses. They are very social. When they see each other, they say "Hi". Just Hi. All day.

Birds. Have a variety of messages. If they recognize you, and like you, you get a special welcome song. Warnings, playing, happy, warm, cold...
I let my friend's parakeet out of the cage to play in her sunroom potted plants. :)