shropshire

Most boring 'spectator' sport?

What the hell is Snooker?

a funny version of billard. pretty much non-understandable to foreigners, just like baseball or cricket..

or skydiving for whuffos for that matter! :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Jeeeze, what is the point of putting this crap on the tellie?

you forgot TEST CRICKET..fuck me 5 days for watching grass grow:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket." :D:D:D

i just looked that up, but the explanation does not seem to make sense!? :S

i can only repeat, bloody foreigners.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

You have two sides.

One side is out in the field and one is in.

Each man that's in the side that goes in goes out and when he's out he come in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

When both sides have been in and out including not outs, that's the end of the game.

HOWZAT!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

You have two sides.

Each man that's in the side that goes in goes out and when he's out he come in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

When both sides have been in and out including not outs, that's the end of the game.

HOWZAT!

How is anyone supposed to understand that??? I'm so far from understanding it that all I could do was laugh while reading it. :D:D:D

You have two sides.

HOWZAT!

How is anyone supposed to understand that??? I'm so far from understanding it that all I could do was laugh while reading it. :D:D:D

one of my best mates is a kiwi. and he loves not only golf but cricket too! i already dont understand the ruleset of golf, how the hell am i supposed to understand that thing!

i was also laughing while i read it.. :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Sorry but Baseball would be number one on my list.

The dudes stand there and take a swing then the dude stands back cleans his shoes, spits his tobacco, scratches his balls stands back over the plate and then steps back again.

Right about then is when I am praying to be hit by lightning so maybe I can feel something.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

true enough Baseball IS very boring to watch....

But if you are AT the ballpark,,,, and sitting in box seats,,,, better be careful and pay close attention...
I have seen more than one poor soul, get nailed, by a foul ball line drive.... and as bad at that is to SEE,,, it's alot worse to HEAR... ouch !!
but as for Boring spectator sports,,, what about Soccer ????........lots of running around,,, but not much scoring...
there's more action in the stands,,,,, than on the field:o:|;);)

jmy

true enough Baseball IS very boring to watch....

But if you are AT the ballpark,,,, and sitting in box seats,,,, better be careful and pay close attention...
I have seen more than one poor soul, get nailed, by a foul ball line drive.... and as bad at that is to SEE,,, it's alot worse to HEAR... ouch !!
but as for Boring spectator sports,,, what about Soccer ????........lots of running around,,, but not much scoring...
there's more action in the stands,,,,, than on the field:o:|;);)

jmy

Soccer is a lot like hockey. Lots of moving around and very few goals gets very borring unless you feel very strongly about a team.
I’ll watch any sport in the playoffs, but for solid excitement and fun the NFL, World Cart F1, and Karate Kyokushinkai comps are the best. Oh yea and UFC I love that shit
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You forgot to have 4-way on your list of boring spectator sports!

Its kind of ok if you can watch a compilation video of all the jumps later, but sitting there and watching it? Nope. Just isn't that much fun.

Its a lot more fun to be in the 4-way, though!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You're right but it's not much of a spectator sport... Video in the bar for a few minutes and I'm done watching. Hardly ever see it on the tellie though, so doesn't count.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Snooker is Pool for people who can count higher:P

Ah... so THAT's what Juan Pablo Montoya (Nascar driver from Mexico was making a shot on in his Wrigley chewing gum commercial. I couldn't figure out why the balls were all the same color! :D

Snooker, darts and golf are all accuracy competitions. They have their own audiences, but I'd say golf is the biggest of all.

As for poker, I can't seem to figure out just where it should be on TV. NOT ESPN though. I watch it sometimes, especially when they show parts of the WSOP competition. Hey, I play poker and if I can learn something from these guys, it can't hurt.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban