Broke

DMV+insurance+computer+old lady=accident+suck

So today I got into a car accident. Nothing serious my front bumper took most of the impact and no one was hurt. Not that being said I could have been arrested today, but the cop was in a good mood.

I was on my way to get my girl from her daycare center. A drive I have done a lot more than I should have to seeing as how my ex no longer works in the mornings and only work 3 to 11 now. You see I blame her for the accident. Her and the old lady driving in front of me.

I pulled up behind this woman driving a Mitsubishi Galant. I am watching the rear of her car while checking traffic. She starts to pull forward, so I start to look for traffic and start to roll off my clutch after seeing that there was no traffic whatsoever. All of a sudden I felt my car stop suddenly, and I was only half off of my clutch. My foot bounced off my clutch, and my car stalled. then I looked in front of me and noticed that there she was pulled over to the side of the road.

Instantly I thought, "Fuck." I started my car just to assure that it worked, and wa very glad to hear my car rev to life. I pulled over put my tranny in neutral, set my brake, and turned on my hazards. She got out of her car on Old country road in traffic. Apparently she doesn't have very good decision making skills. When she came to my window I told her to pull into the dirt parking lot right next to up. We pulled into the lot, and even though she is ok and her car is not damaged she decided to call the police, and have a report written up.

As the police officer was doing the paperwork something came back on the computer. Apparently according to the DMV computer my regi is suspended due to an insurance laps. About a month ago my insurance broker called the DMV, and they said everything was all current. The police officer decided not to arrest me which he could have, but he did seize my plates.

Now not only am I having to suffer this embarrassment of the police officer taking the plates off of my car, but now I have to get a tow for my car, and get a ride to pick up my daughter from daycare, and myself from this dirt parking lot.

My insurance card is good until January of 2009, so tomorrow I have to do battle with DMV. Hopefully by the end of the day I can have everything sorted out and get my plates back from the Police department.

Now I can't autocross this weekend like I was planning to until I get my car fixed. GRRR and I was looking forward to it. GRRRR!!!!!
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I know, but it is easier to blame every one else it's the American way :)
I think I am just frustraited because even though I have insurance the computer said I didn't, and that my regi was suspended.

Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

So I am an Insurance agent.. If your Insurance is in force you should get a letter from your agent and take it to the cleark of the court asap. Do not wait for a court date.. Just because your papers showes insurance untill 2009 you still have to pay.. Where do you live that they take your plates?? Also I used to junp a Talon
Main: Fury 220 ft²
Reserve: Raven II 218 ft²
20 years ago... Hope the old lady does not decide her neck hurts...B|

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

Su tiene licens-e-a y segeronza?

Ok, ok, I can't write it, but luckily I can speak a little more then that. You would be amazed at the number of accidents involve people with no insurance. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, hispanic, purple or green, all sorts of people are riding around with no insurance and non-valid licenses.

That's another reason why auto insurance costs so damned much. Actually, not having insurance is one thing that gets under my skin. I'm covering my butt for my privilege to drive, suck it up cupcake and pay like the rest of us. If you can't afford auto insurance then you get to pedal away or ride the bus.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There's the real PITA here...the ambulance chasers will be all over that lady when the database kicks this accident report out! Dude! Stop tailgating.
And since when is parenting your own kids the fault of your ex????
I bet you called it "babysitting" when you stayed home with your own kids too...:S:D:D
I love (and miss) taking my kids anywhere, anytime.
[:/]

hang in there ... it's only a car!:P

My insurance is valid, but for some reason the computer said that my regi which according to my card is valid wasn't. I hate DMV. Of course whenever you deal with the DMV it always equals time and money
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

You're not behind in child support are you?
In Florida if you fall behind (depending on the mood of the Dept. of Revenue, as no set amount in arears is given) they will yank your passport, driver license, auto registration....follwed by an arrest warrant.
Makes very little sense...:S

Well I went to the DMV and found out what happened. Apparently I had a Laps of 22 days last year, and so I have been driving on a suspended regi since then. It would have been nice if they told me about it. So I paid my "civil Penalty" and now I am out 8 jumps... bastards!

However I am very appreciative of the officer who has been cornholed by insurance previously and I thank him for not arresting me.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

now I will have to see if I get to keep my licenense. Nothing like riding a bicycle 45 miles to the DZ lol. The PO said he would fight for me in this situation. That is awesome
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Not a bad idea.

Could you take me back to the drop zone I landed off... 45 minutes later... How'd you make it so far out?

Must have been a strange gust of wind
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I had a similar experience but luckily, caught it before the cops did. I was batching for a concrete company and I occasionally drove a mixer, when we got in a bind for drivers. One day, the driver foreman came to me and asked if I knew that my drivers license had been suspended...for the last three months!?! (Our company got a DMV report on all of our CDL licensed drivers, every month.) I had no idea...I'd had no tickets, no accidents...nothing!

I phoned the DMV and was told that I'd failed to provide "proof of insurance". I'd bought a used Camaro (three months before)...had to show the dealer proof of insurance, before I drove off the lot. According to the DMV, they supposedly sent me a letter, asking for proof of insurance...which I never received. When they didn't get the info, they automatically suspended my license. It was in Virginia and if you get caught driving with a suspended license, it's an automatic 10 days in jail! Luckily, I got it all straightened out but in the end, the DMV admitted that they had never even sent the letter, in the first place.
"T'was ever thus."