PWScottIV

Relative Gravitational Wind

Now that's funny.

Why do they get to be called astronauts? Can't we have some sort of embellished term for swoopers besides the typical whuffo response of "holy crap, you were hauling ass!"

Maybe something like "formula 1 canopy pilots?" I could have used NASCAR, but I can carve left AND right through courses.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Now that's funny.

Why do they get to be called astronauts? Can't we have some sort of embellished term for swoopers besides the typical whuffo response of "holy crap, you were hauling ass!"

Maybe something like "formula 1 canopy pilots?" I could have used NASCAR, but I can carve left AND right through courses.:D

Well they do employ virtual gravitons to increase their lift, so in my opinion they deserve their title. Learn how to use quantum field theory under canopy and you'll get to throw around cool terms like "astronaut" and "relative gravitational wind" as well.
Gravity Waits for No One.

From Mr. Funari's accounts, the discovery was made when he transitioned from a head-down freeflying position to a flat tracking (freeflying) position during a skydive in early 2002. During this transition he realized that he was not falling anymore

?? It's early on Sunday so maybe I'm just too bricked to get this part.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

From Mr. Funari's accounts, the discovery was made when he transitioned from a head-down freeflying position to a flat tracking (freeflying) position during a skydive in early 2002. During this transition he realized that he was not falling anymore

?? It's early on Sunday so maybe I'm just too bricked to get this part.

That's right! By using the secret atmonauti fundamental force of relative gravitational wind JP learned to indefinitely stop falling and make skydiving completely safe...:o

Read this thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3140956;#3140956 (from the beginning if you have the patience and want to burn some time).

another reference to help those still confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit

Yeah, I actually considered putting that in the "see also" section, but I didn't want it to be too obvious for the wiki mods. Putting up a whole lot of references and technical jargon seems to have done the trick with respect to pulling the wool over their eyes.:)