boinky

Putt-Putt Anyone?

With a lot of help from my friends, I've created a putt-putt game. It's a "Hole In One" concept. At this moment, the idea is to offer 1 practice shot and then 1 official shot, for $1 a play. You can not win on the practice shot. If you go out of bounds, it still counts and there are no do-overs.

It has been suggested that I could allow small children to move up a "bump" on the course to give them more of a chance at winning.

Without turning this into an argument, I would love to hear any rules or playing suggestions on making this a fun, fair game. Just so you know, the course is finished and there is no removing anything from it at this time.

Only having a 9 foot length area to use, the game isn't all that easy, but with a little patience, it could be a cinch for some. I want some winners, but I don't want to give away the "farm" either! B|

Now I need help from my other friends to decide what sort of prizes to offer. :)
Remembering that the cost is only $1, but I want to give somewhat decent quality prizes for those who DO sink a hole in one, what sort of prizes would YOU want to win if you played?
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

It's holding down a vinyl mat that they're going to be putting from. We glued it down and we want to make sure it stays! :)

Nina

I would eliminate the practice shot.

You can also put "hazards" on the course.

Could you install a swoop ditch?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would eliminate the practice shot.

You can also put "hazards" on the course.

Could you install a swoop ditch?

How about a skydiver doing a 270 hook turn every 2 seconds? If you time your shot wrong, he slaps the ball across the room. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We had a "tester" last night. With the three "speed bumps" installed, it's hard as hell to get the ball over even the first one. The practice shot is more of a courtesy than anything. I don't want anyone to accuse me of cheating them! ;)

I wanted to put up some barriers or hazards, but was outvoted. That's how the "speed bumps" got installed instead. :$

Nina

Why stop at 270's? 720's are so much better.

Well, we could go up to 1720's but that would be overkill. :P

And yes, I have seen someone spiral down like that almost all the way to the ground. Damnedest thing I ever saw. He came out of it just enough to femur himself. Long time ago... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It only took 4 posts (after the original post) to go off topic. Good job!!! :D

What? I think a swoop ditch would be a good hazard. You could even have some students landing and have to time your put to avoid them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Next time you could get some rocks and a bucket and you can buy the little parachute guys you can buy at the dollar store and have an accuracy contest.

Well, the hazard would end up being more for the skydivers than the putters! The course is under a sort of building. They'd have to swoop through a 10 X 10 doorway, with studs on all sides and a tar floor. B|

Nina

Well, the hazard would end up being more for the skydivers than the putters! The course is under a sort of building. They'd have to swoop through a 10 X 10 doorway, with studs on all sides and a tar floor. B|

That would be entertaining, but I think he was talking about mechanical skydiver figures being spun around by a machine. ;)

No...you gotta' read his post again.

You could even have some students landing and have to time your putt to avoid them.

B|B|
Nina

No...you gotta' read his post again.

You could even have some students landing and have to time your putt to avoid them.

B|B|

students??? :D

Where does the dog fit into this whole thing.....is that one of the obstacles?:D

[B]LMAO!!!!!![/B] :D:D PETA would just LOVE that, I'm sure! :)
Nina

People! People! Concentrate here! ;)

What sort of prizes should I offer? I sort of figured baseball caps or t-shirts. Other ideas, please? :)

Nina

People! People! Concentrate here! ;)

What sort of prizes should I offer? I sort of figured baseball caps or t-shirts. Other ideas, please? :)

50% off Tandems
Houston Astros Tickets
Plane Fare to Las Vegas

50% off Tandems
Houston Astros Tickets
Plane Fare to Las Vegas

Perhaps you've forgotten how much I've already invested in the game? And the $1 price to play? ;)

You've now been cut off from playing any more Putt-Putt, young turtle! >:(
Nina

50% off Tandems
Houston Astros Tickets
Plane Fare to Las Vegas

Perhaps you've forgotten how much I've already invested in the game? And the $1 price to play? ;)

Young? Young?!? He's got more gray hairs than YOU do! :P:D

50% off Tandems
Houston Astros Tickets
Plane Fare to Las Vegas

Well then I suggest it be gone from the WORKSHOP before Saturday.

Where will this game be played and who will be playing it?? Helps to know who the target is :)
Is this like a community fair kinda game or a fundraiser event game, or come into my garage little kiddy so I can show you something kinda game???

(yes i was joking on the last one!)

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...