ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends Post for May 16th-May22nd

Hey! :)
I got in a great workout today...only second good one in 2 weeks, so it felt good. :P

i did a 30 minute ab class this morning, then a 1hr PIYO (pilates/yoga), then 30 minutes on the treadmill, then lugging my 92 pound baby boy around the roller skate rink for a lil' bit. :ph34r:

How are y'all doin'? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Great with the workouts, but not so good with my eating habits lately for some reason. I really need to get back on track- my goal is to drop 10 pounds by July 4th and the regular workouts can only do so much.

But the workouts, classes, personal trainer sessions- all going very well and even having family in town last weekend did not completely derail my schedule! I just love feeling stronger and building endurance.

Well..haven't posted prior to this but 'eh...what the heck. :D

My eating habits are awesome now - no junk food what-so-ever. (Of course, they have to be as the food availability here on the island is 'eh...and junk food's way too freakin' expensive!!!!!)

Working out - guaranteed daily - plus the fact that the island has tons of hills and is mountainous well...I should be looking pretty dang good in a string bikini bathing suit soon. :$ And, I only miss a workout if it's pouring at 5:30am when I head outside. So far...I've missed 1 in the last 3 weeks. Combine all that with the hiking trips and swimming stuff that goes on and viola! Exercise heaven.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Good on you!!

I...well...I 'fell off the fitness wagon'. I did a 10 mile river kayak last saturday and that has been the extent of my 'exercise' for several weeks. Life came crashing down and apparently I was not dedicated enough to my workouts.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight...so the saying goes.

New routine starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Great with the workouts, but not so good with my eating habits lately for some reason. I really need to get back on track- my goal is to drop 10 pounds by July 4th and the regular workouts can only do so much.

I was doing good on my eating until yesterday! [:/] I messed up and had some beer, pizza, and chocolate cake with my father in law. He was terribly depressed so I brought him beer and pizza. We're both on diets, and we both said 'I'm not supposed to eat this' & we ate lunch. :P

But the workouts, classes, personal trainer sessions- all going very well and even having family in town last weekend did not completely derail my schedule! I just love feeling stronger and building endurance.

Awright!! Good job, keep it up and you'll drop the 10 and be as strong as you ever wanted to be. B| -Can you imagine that? You could be in the best shape of your life. That's exciting!
~Jaye

Well..haven't posted prior to this but 'eh...what the heck. :D

My eating habits are awesome now - no junk food what-so-ever. (Of course, they have to be as the food availability here on the island is 'eh...and junk food's way too freakin' expensive!!!!!)

Awesome. Having no choice really helps your health! :P:ph34r:

Working out - guaranteed daily - plus the fact that the island has tons of hills and is mountainous well...I should be looking pretty dang good in a string bikini bathing suit soon. :$ And, I only miss a workout if it's pouring at 5:30am when I head outside. So far...I've missed 1 in the last 3 weeks. Combine all that with the hiking trips and swimming stuff that goes on and viola! Exercise heaven.

Woo-hoo! Can I come join you?!? :D:D
~Jaye

Woo-hoo! Can I come join you?!? :D:D

Sure...come on down. It's been hitting mid to high 90's during the day (hence the 5:30am workout). But the beach isn't far...I just look out my window. So...when should I expect you? B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I...well...I 'fell off the fitness wagon'. I did a 10 mile river kayak last saturday and that has been the extent of my 'exercise' for several weeks. Life came crashing down and apparently I was not dedicated enough to my workouts.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight...so the saying goes.

New routine starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I did too! No worries! You can always start again. B| Personally I was relying too much on circumstance dictating to me what I needed to do for my health. Maybe I couldn't have worked out as hard...but I still should have gone to the gym, got on the treadmill, or done some pushes & sits anyway. 25 push ups and sit ups per day and 10 minutes on a treadmill even if I can't manage anything else. That's what I'm saying for me...I could do that no matter what; that way, the habit doesn't break down because life did. ;)

But we're back on track, right? :)

I'm proud of you for making a commitment for tomorrow.
~Jaye

[replySure...come on down. It's been hitting mid to high 90's during the day (hence the 5:30am workout). But the beach isn't far...I just look out my window. So...when should I expect you? B|

Oh maaaaaan!!! :o:o:o [drool]
~Jaye

Still keeping up to my morning IT sessions, and doing afternoon and evening sessions now as well. Gotta get in better shape, not just maintain it. Strange thing is I haven't eaten too much more than I normally would, in fact I've eaten less than at Basic, workouts aren't as strenuous as they were in Cape May, and I've gained almost 10 lbs. since I got back. It's a strange thing, I've been around 140-145 for years, maintained 143 coming out of Basic, then jumped up to 154 since getting back into town at the end of April. Strange.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Today I walked from the parking lot to the classroom. And back. I did park way out there though.

Hehehhee....:ph34r:

That's gonna be the extent of my workouts until the 21st. Finals suck.

No! Finals ROCK! -because they are final. B|B|:D
~Jaye

Started walking again this week, will have to see how long it lasts with summer being here the gym goes by the wayside and it is time for outside sports;) But haven't lost or gained so hopefully I can get another 5 off in the next couple of weeks

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Started walking again this week, will have to see how long it lasts with summer being here the gym goes by the wayside and it is time for outside sports;) But haven't lost or gained so hopefully I can get another 5 off in the next couple of weeks

Cool, enjoy the sunshine! B|
~Jaye

I havent gotton in on this b/c I just am not on here very much. I changed my diet and just a little of my exercise routine.
Here is what I did.

Monday - Thursday:
All vegitarian or damn close. Steamed, grilled or lighly sauteed in olive oil. Rice, pasta, and other carbs. As much protien rich veggies as possible: beans, squash and mushrooms.

Friday - Sunday:
Good luck. I watch the amount of food I eat if it is bad for me (fast food). Any meat is fair. I like meat. mmmmm...mmmmmmm steak. I also am SIGNIFICANTLY more active on weekends than I am on the weekdays.

Since the beginning of the year I have lost right at 20 pounds. I was never a big guy, but it was obvious that I was carrying an extra boat anchor around my waist. My pants are loose, my belt in new holes and I feel better.
I cant vouch for it too much b/c I have a strong metabolism. Dayum, it has worked for me.

Good luck to ya'll!B|

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Been upping my numbers a little bit in preparation for going to my first unit in another 10 days. Mornings are 50 pushups, 150 crunches, 75-100 squats, and 75 flutterkicks, and evenings are similar numbers, so at least 100 pushups, 300 crunches, 150-200 squats, and 150 flutterkicks everyday. Tomorrow I'm going to run after my workday ends, but tonight it's uniform maintenance, shining my boondockers and pressing a new ODU for tomorrow to impress a potentially cute female recruit. B|

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I've been doing pretty well lately. I've been deployed for almost 2 months so there's not much to do here. So, why not workout. My goal was to start swimming again. I'm up to a mile in 35 min every other day. I still hit the weights and run on non swimming days.

Eating healthy is the hard part. There's candy everywhere!! We have more candy than bullets!!
Everything in excess is bad... except skydiving and sex!

I've been doing pretty well lately. I've been deployed for almost 2 months so there's not much to do here. So, why not workout. My goal was to start swimming again. I'm up to a mile in 35 min every other day. I still hit the weights and run on non swimming days.

Eating healthy is the hard part. There's candy everywhere!! We have more candy than bullets!!

Good deal man, working out is a good excuse not to be an idiot on deployment. B|

Good to hear that a fellow servicemember is keeping fit instead of keeping "in shape" since round is still a shape. Mind if I ask what branch?

On a similar note, I've been keeping up my numbers, and today I'm definitely going to run, no matter how tired I am, then swim tomorrow morning. A few hundred crunches and flutterkicks everyday only go so far, and that gut has to be gone in two weeks when I report to Gloucester.

Holy crap!! I am taking a conditioning course along with regular summer school classes and boy is it kicking my ass!!!!!!!!!!:S

I was on the rowing machine for 15 minutes and then did 20 pushups and situps...Plus some weight lifting for shoulders...we will be focusing on various areas of the body each day...At least I felt great after class!B|

~R+R:)...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...