ianw

Rawa camera helmet

Does anybody know if the camera mount for the Freefly Imagem is dismountable? I'm looking to buy an open face helmet that I can use to rack up the jumps, then use for camera once I've got my C certificate. I gather that the helmet is available with or without the camera case, but I'd like to have a case that, when removed, leaves a finished looking open face helmet. I'd ask Rawa myself, but I just learned how to spell 'Portuguese', so I'm a long way from speaking it. :|

If you are asking about the video camera box itself being removable, the answer is no. the digital/top camera mount plate and bite switch from RAWA are fully removable with in a matter of seconds. CLICK HERE to see pictures of what I am talking about.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I don't want to waste money on an open faced helmet only to have to replace it for a camera helmet a year down the line...

Will you be jumping with your camera every time you jump once you are ready? If there will ever be times when you won't have the camera on but still want a helmet on your head, you may want two helmets.

I'd suggest gettiing a Protec or equivalent inexpensive helmet for now and worry about the camera helmet when it's time.

I've done a bit more research and I think I may go for the Pimp Daddy- it seems to suit what I'm looking for- a standard open faced helmet for which I can buy a purpose made d-box and cutaway in the future when I want to add a camera. Thanks for the advice:)

You "CAN" grind off the rivits that hold on the box, and order another one from them. I did that to mine in order to move it up a bit. Just grind them off, move it up mark the holes, and install some small bolts in the holes.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I don't want to waste money on an open faced helmet only to have to replace it for a camera helmet a year down the line...

Will you be jumping with your camera every time you jump once you are ready? If there will ever be times when you won't have the camera on but still want a helmet on your head, you may want two helmets.

This is good advice. There are times when i either arrive late at the DZ and have to hustle to get on a load (in which case i don't have time to rig up my camera) or i just want to get out on a H+P or a high pull without the camera, that's when i use my freefly helmet only. Plus having two also lets me lend one to someone who forgot theirs.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky