Anvilbrother

Any astrophysicist or anyone that know about it want to answer a few questions?

...You and everything else in the universe increases in mass as you increase velocity, up to infinite mass at the speed of light...

Photons exhibit the characteristics of both particles and waves (known as the duality of light), so I assume they increase in mass when their velocity increases... However, things that do not have mass, like radio waves, do not increase in mass, as they don't have any to begin with.
Gravity Waits for No One.

The speed of light in not a constant, it varies depending on the refractive index of the material. The speed of light in a vacuum is 299,792,458m/s The lowest speed of light I've heard of is in a bose-einstein condensate: 38 mph.

I read somewhere that you can slow light down even more with Relative Gravitational Wind.

Yeah, well, I wouldn't mention anything more about RGW... The CIA took down the RGW wiki to hide the truth from the rest of the world... I think they plan to use it as the basis for a free energy generator.
Oh my god, I've been shot, dsadnnwq help! dsssssa ughhh

Also I understand mass can create energy and energy can create mass, what kind of energy is theorized to have created gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear forces nanoseconds after the "big bang"? Something had to be there before right?

So this is probably a little off track, but bear with me.

I think it's VERY likely (and at least to me, obvious) that the universe (mass, energy, space, and even time itself), did not exist prior to the big bang. Although there is no proof of how it came to exist, if we examine the most fundamental laws that govern our existence in this universe, NOTHING should be here. Not even nothing itself. Ergo, there must be something else out there that has existed forever, that is not bound by the laws that govern our universe. If it were to be bound by time, then time would have never had a beginning, which as we know it, is fundamentally impossible. Also, we know that mass and energy can neither be created or destroyed, yet we have multitudes of it here.

I tend to visualize our universe as a bubble. Inside this bubble we are governed by laws and outside they do not apply. While we're alive in here, there's no way to ever know what's outside the bubble.

Try thinking again about the concept of something having existed forever. If you really think deeply about it, you may come to the realization (as I have) that there are somethings, possibly infinite things that exist outside of this universe that our brains cannot comprehend, even if we know that they are true - I know something HAS existed forever, or I would not exist... The whole "I think, therefore I am" thing really began to have more power for me when I realized this. I also began to realize that the only definite truth I have about something existing outside the bubble is that little scrap of knowledge.

Basically, trying to theorize exactly what created the big bang is like trying to theorize how whatever created it has existed forever, which is impossible for anyone to ever know... Until, possibly, after we die.

checked the box that was filled with light, snuck up on it this morning real quiet like, then pounced and ripped it open - yep still full of light - but now I need another box :S

Apparently, you approached it like a mantis...after you get the new box, may I suggest approaching in a box position?

Man, I really like light humor as opposed to that heavy, dark stuff. Dark humor is what keeps the universe expanding...we are all doomed. But then again, what does it matter?
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

checked the box that was filled with light, snuck up on it this morning real quiet like, then pounced and ripped it open - yep still full of light - but now I need another box :S

Apparently, you approached it like a mantis...after you get the new box, may I suggest approaching in a box position?
:o

what a great idea, it worked :)
also decided to do it very early in the morning - 5 AM - when the light would be sleeping so it wouldn't hear me coming, in my best box position, sneaked up, quietly opened the box, NO light, where did it go?

maybe some of these physics masters can explain it, is it possible that light turns to dark at night when it is sleeping? conservation of matter would require it to turn back to light the next day - will have to wait and see
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Also I understand mass can create energy and energy can create mass

This is technically incorrect. Energy and mass can't "create" each other from nothing, but they can convert into each other. E=mc^2
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

...You and everything else in the universe increases in mass as you increase velocity, up to infinite mass at the speed of light...

Photons exhibit the characteristics of both particles and waves (known as the duality of light), so I assume they increase in mass when their velocity increases... However, things that do not have mass, like radio waves, do not increase in mass, as they don't have any to begin with.

You think photons and radio waves are two separate things???:S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This is technically incorrect. Energy and mass can't "create" each other from nothing, but they can convert into each other. E=mc^2

1st Law of Thermodynamics
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

1st Law of Thermodynamics

But Dubya added a "signing statement" to it, so the current administration is exempt from obeying it.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nice explanation. Why the emphasis in physics (simply speaking) for a unifying theory of force and energy?

That is within the scope of Physics. Are you suggesting it comes under some other science???
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

You think photons and radio waves are two separate things???:S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

LOL, well apparently I was asleep in class that day. I actually didn't think that photons were associated with other types of radiation than light, but then again my last physics class was a long time ago.