Phillbo

Oshkosh

I'm going to the air show this year.. Anyone have advice on what to avoid and what to not miss .

What to avoid: Oshkosh
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm going to the air show this year.. Anyone have advice on what to avoid and what to not miss .

-Flying in?: Arrive a couple days early.
- Camping next to your plane? Don't forget tie-downs!
- Cooler to put all your beer!

PM me for more info.......

I'm gonna try my best not to get there before the 30th or 31st but the vendor volleyball tourney at The Bar is funny-I'm gonna try to get granpa twardo to go out one night.

We'll point you in the right directions.

No promises, but sometimes I'm a pretty good guy to know at an airshow;)

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

***No promises, but sometimes I'm a pretty good guy to know at an airshow

If you let Shane stay in your room he promises good old-fashion, hot prison man sex.:D:P

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I'm going to the air show this year.. Anyone have advice on what to avoid and .....what to not miss .

Yeah..avoid trying to see everything in less than 3-4 days. :)

AVOID Shane at all costs! :o:S

Avoid being pissed at the jumpers in the airshow because thay have the best seat in the house. ;)

Make it over to the bar called 'Acey Deucy' at least one night...it's the airshow performers bar...the place is crazy with profession pilot types...and a few skydivers...nice place to get some autographs in your logbook! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Do not under any circumstances make friends with or even talk to any of the Pyro team.;)
They have way too much fun and prove that there is life after skydiving.;)

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Make it over to the bar called 'Acey Deucy' at least one night...

Also, Friar Tuck's just off the field on the northwest end. Packers Pub not far either......B|

Both within walking distance if you're camping on site...but that's the rub, they're both full of EAA'ers...which is cool for some good conversation etc.

'Acey Deucy' on the other hand is the 'performers' bar...where the cool kids hang out.;)B|

Years ago I was on a bar-stool between Chuck Yeager and Pappy Boyington...Bob Hoover was standing behind me putting the moves on someone 30-40 years younger....:ph34r:

All kinds of 'airshows over the years' pics all over the bar, look for the one in back of me shooting Chuck Yeager with a Mac10 water pistol.:P

THOSE kinds of bars make for interesting conversation!

Do not under any circumstances make friends with or even talk to any of the Pyro team.;)

Ahh...fuck 'em! >:(

It's easy to mess with the Pyro Peeps...they're all DEAF. :S

...an elephant in a suit of armor could sneak up behind those det cord dimwits!B|:P:ph34r:

Oh...Hi Rainbo, how 'bout dem Cubs?!! :)

Make it over to the bar called 'Acey Deucy' at least one night...

Also, Friar Tuck's just off the field on the northwest end. Packers Pub not far either......B|

Both within walking distance if you're camping on site...but that's the rub, they're both full of EAA'ers...which is cool for some good conversation etc.

'Acey Deucy' on the other hand is the 'performers' bar...where the cool kids hang out.;)B|

Years ago I was on a bar-stool between Chuck Yeager and Pappy Boyington...Bob Hover was standing behind me putting the moves on someone 30-40 years younger....:ph34r:

All kinds of 'airshows over the years' pics all over the bar, look for the one in back of me shooting Chuck Yeager with a Mac10 water pistol.:P

THOSE kinds of bars make for interesting conversation!

Sounds like you've got some great memories/stories to tell! Next year I'll give that place a visit or 7. Thanks for the infoB|

P.S. Pappy, damn:ph34r: Met him in 1970 something at an airshow! Of course I was just a wee lad.:D

P.S. Pappy, damn Met him in 1970 something at an airshow! Of course I was just a wee lad.

He use to come to EAA-Osh all the time, even when his health was failing...he'd drink a younger wanna be under the table. :D

And that's one of the reasons I say bring a logbook...I have a special jump signed off by two people, a demo earlier in that year 40 years to the day the Pacific war ended...Signed in that bar by Pappy ~ and the Japanese pilot that shot him down. B|

Another page has Chuck Yeager ~ Scott Crossfield ~ And Bob Hoover (who was flying chase on both record breaking flights)

I was throwing darts in there one night and this ole guy taps me on the shoulder asking what my name is...:)

I told him, then added ~but everyone calls me 'Twardo'.:$

He replied with:
I'm Gordon Cooper...everyone calls ME 'Gordo', and gee Jim, every-time I hear "Nice shot Twardo" it sounds like they're talking to me...and Hell, I don't drink 'shots' anymore. B|:ph34r:

Gordo signed the same jump John Glenn did the year before. :)

...and hey, did I ever tell ya about the TIME... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

BTW~ This year will be our 25th year opening the show, I have a brand new Silver canopy in the bag, just WAITING! :)

Holy shit batman, you do have some good ones!B|

I've only been to OSH 4 times. I can only make it every few years. Was there in 07' so it'll prolly be next year before I make it up.

Gosh, would you hang out with an ole jump pilot?!!!:D (that only has 6 jumps):ph34r:

...an elephant in a suit of armor could sneak up behind those det cord dimwits!B|:P:ph34r:

The Cubs suck;)

AND the Pyro team has the BEST seats in the house ya old wankerB|
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Nice host of characters you're hanging out with. Those are some of the real pioneers of aviation.

BTW did I tell you I'm green with envy!:):D

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***That remends me, bob-when are you gonna send me my drawers back?

Patty's been wearing them for the past week. When she gives them up I'll get them in the mail to ya.:D:D:D

I'M GLAD RAINBO SHOWED UP TO DEFEND HIMSELF.
YOU JUST HAVE TO SPEAK UP A LITTLE WHEN HE'S AROUND.:)
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

I'M GLAD RAINBO SHOWED UP TO DEFEND HIMSELF.
YOU JUST HAVE TO SPEAK UP A LITTLE WHEN HE'S AROUND.

YOU may be glad Rainbo showed up....but now I gotta find some sucker to start my car for me, while I stand WAY BACK! :o:S;)

I don't think our old friend is that malicious.

And on with the thread drift/hijack.

To the OP, there is a lot of good advice in this post.

Enjoy the show and don't try to do it all in one day.

OK-I'll get in to Oshkosh on Wed. So Wed night you have to hit the Acey Deucy. After that, I'll head up toward The Bar near Appleton to see if there's a vendor volleyball game happening. I'll be pretty easy to spot at AD-it's mostly the airshow performers and non of them are fat
You are only as strong as the prey you devour