lippy

Louisiana

The boss just told me there may be an opportunity coming up in New Iberia Louisiana. I don't think I'm going to get the transfer to Texas I've been hoping for, and this may be the closest thing. Anybody have any knowledge of this area? What kind of DZs in the area, what's there for towns?
I got nuthin

There aren't any DZs in Louisiana any more :(

But I go to Gold Coast Skydivers in Moss Point, MS. Lots of LA people make this trek. I live in New Orleans and it is about an hour and a half away.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I grew up in Amite!! Ever been to the Oyster Festival? If your ever up that way stop my Cabbies great place. God i miss the food!:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Yer in Nawlins? I got family down there and I was thinking about making my 1st tandem down there this summer! There are no more DZ's down there? damn...

Well, I will take your advice on the MS DZ I guess... either that or go on and take the plunge here in AR after all...

Either way - I have set my goal. I WILL jump b4 this summer ends. :D

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

I actually have been to the Oyster Festival at Our Lady of Lourdes in Violet, LA. Too cool. Next time you are in NO, let me know.
My Pink M

Well, I'm shooting to be down there over 4th of July weekend so I will keep you posted of plans on that.

See you around! B|

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine

Sweet! I'll get started on the fundage now and holler at you when I see the Superdome. :D

HOT DIGGITY DAMN!!!

I am confirmed for a trip to Nawlins for the July 4th weekend and sufficient money has been secured to pay for the jump and probably some beer later that night!!

Fate willing and the weather prevailing I will be joining you all in the skies on July 5th, 2003. :D:D:D

Thank the gods I am managing to do this before I hit 30... even if only by about 9 days.

Unfortunately - I didn't get to meet him when he was in Mississippi - but I hear he's really nice. May be he'll come back soon.
My Pink M

But I go to Gold Coast Skydivers in Moss Point, MS. Lots of LA people make this trek. I live in New Orleans and it is about an hour and a half away.

There is actually one DZ in Slidell, LA. However, I have jumped there and it was really a bad experience. I would not suggest going there. Now, I did jump at Goldcoast last weekend and it was great. Everyone there is great!! They are more than worth the drive. We had a group of fourteen jump (tandem), and the staff there made everyones experience the best it could possibly be. I will definitely be returning in the upcoming weeks.
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

Gold Coast is my home away from home DZ when I'm in that area. I haven't been able to jump at the new digs but I stopped by one windy Saturday to stock up on rubber bands and such. I'm looking forward to jumping there. Great people and that's really what makes a DZ
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

There is actually one DZ in Slidell, LA. However, I have jumped there and it was really a bad experience. I would not suggest going there. Now, I did jump at Goldcoast last weekend and it was great. Everyone there is great!! They are more than worth the drive. We had a group of fourteen jump (tandem), and the staff there made everyones experience the best it could possibly be. I will definitely be returning in the upcoming weeks.

This post was written in 2003. Since then, there are a few DZs in Louisiana that have popped up.
My Pink M

:P
We do have a Cessna 182 DZ in Louisiana at Le Gros Memorial Airport in Morse, LA (Crowley Airport) about 30 minutes from Lafayette.

You can come up the back way on Hwy 93 from south of Lafayette and get there pretty quick too.
We're still IP on moving from Jeanerette, but we're jumping most weekends.

1888-You-Jump
1888-968-5867
337-879-0122

I grew up in Amite!! Ever been to the Oyster Festival? If your ever up that way stop my Cabbies great place. God i miss the food!:)

Ditto!!! BTW, my Mom grew up in Hammond...:ph34r:...and we would go to Amite all the time when I was growing up.

I miss Washington Parish watermelons...nothing like it here...:SB|...

And strawberries from my grandpas garden...I miss those too...I miss him too...:(...

Ralph and Cuckoos...yum...Ok, I'll stop...I'm getting hungry and depressed...:D...

~R+R:)...Yes, I was born in Louisiana...B|
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...