Twoply

Detoxing for life insurance physical

They asked if I was a smoker. I haven't touched nicotine in any way in 8 years, but like a dumbass, I started chewing again and did for about 2 months. I quit about 3 weeks ago. It's amazing how much I still loved it after all this time.

Note to self: Dont even have just one ever again.

Well I started the ball rolling on getting another life insurance policy and he mentioned the physical. I never even thought about the smoker/ nicotine thing. He said they can trace back to 6-8 months if you've used nicotine.

Any truth to this? How long should I detox for before submitting myself to the doctors?

I doubt a urine sample will reveal tobacco use, check though. They will most likely be doing a hair sample. If this is the case, there are some products out there that are made for cleaning the hair. Best of luck

True - but few such products actually work... Most are out there just to get your money.

To the OP: Yes - hair tests, as mentioned already can trace any substances in your body for 6 months. I'm not clear on the tobacco use part: any life insurance apps that I've seen specifically ask if you smoke - since they like to use technicalities byway of word games you can try the same tactic; whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Best of luck!
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

When I worked for Prudential, is was common to test for nicotine, HIV, etc. They will probably "rate you up" based on the nicotine found in the test results. Depends on how much the policy is for, and your age, too. The larger the benefit, and older you are, etc. etc. the more in-depth the physical.

Hair grows about 1 cm/ month, give or take. Other parts of the body, such as eyebrows, grow a bit slower. I'd say just don't dip any more snuff and hope for the best. You can ask to be re-evaluated a year later, and if the test is clean the company should reduce the premium.

Easy Does It