Spatula

Icarus Customer Service---Improved??

I've read some archived threads on the dissatisfaction with Icarus customer service and was wondering if it's improved any?

I'm in the process of demo'ing canopy's and wanted to demo the Safire2. But if the C/S is horrible after the sale I don't wanna go that route.

So if you've ordered or more importantly dealt with Icarus lately, say in the 05 year tell me about your experience, I'd appreciate it.

I just purchased an Icarus and was quite pleased with how smoothly it went. I dealt with both the demo center and the Icarus rep. Both were very quick to respond to my questions. It is my understanding that some changes were made at Icarus in the not too distant past to improve their customer satisfaction. Best of all I had my custom canopy in about 4-5 weeks, which is the fastest I have ever received a custom canopy.

I would add that I purchased an Icarus Spain and not an Icarus New Zealand canopy. I have heard good things about Icarus NZ as well though.

Does that have anything to do with what Spatula asked?

Nope, it sure didn't. But it gave him the opportunity to expel his massive base of canopy knowledge upon a newbie. He just wanted to have a chance that only the big boys usually get, the canopy nazi talk.

Spatula,

I had some dealings with Icarus a couple of years ago. I know that this doesnt fall into your 2005 year parameters, but the problem is/was with an individual that still is with the company. I wont name names here, as that wont do anyone any good, but if you would like you can PM me and I will tell you who NOT to do business with at the company. The problems really wern't surrounding the company not caring about me, it was the companies structure, or lack of, that made for some seriously poor communication. I was forced to work with one individual that NEVER answered his phone, took weeks to reply to me, wasn't that quick with email, and gave me shit when I wanted to return my canopy after waiting 14, yes 14 weeks for delivery. Long story short, the demo was a great canopy, the one I ordered (same size) beat the shit outta me on nearly every opening.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying they don't have good products.....they have some of the leading canopies in the world. Period. I jump a Xfire2 119, and I believe it to be one of the, if not the most versitile canopy ever made. Now if they only put that kind of effort into their customers.;)

Nope, it sure didn't. But it gave him the opportunity to expel his massive base of canopy knowledge upon a newbie. He just wanted to have a chance that only the big boys usually get, the canopy nazi talk.

What a complete load of bullshit. First off, I never once said a thing other than to ask what size canopy he was considering and then tell someone else to BTFO of the question because it didn't have anything to do with them.

And for the record, that's "she" and not "he"

I'm thinking about my next canopy if you really want to know. I've given a lot of thought to the Safire because it seems like an great intermediate for me between my Sabre2 and something a little more HP.

I sometimes wonder how conservative I am. When it's time to make choices I start talking to my mentors. When it's just time to think it through I like to see what other people are doing.

So BTFO yourself unless you know me, huh?
Owned by Remi #?

Blah blah blah blah........

Its a public forum. If you make a post, everyone gets a chance to reply to it. If you don't want others to question your transparent motivation, perhaps use a PM.

So your a chick. Good for you.

No I don't.

Nice personal attack. Really gives you credibility.

Does that have anything to do with what Spatula asked?

And thats not a personal attack? [:/]

Cheers,
Jason.

Hey, can you two take that crapola to PM's...your dorking up my thread! ;)

I'm currently demoing the Sabre 2 190, and the Safire2 is in the same class. I'm working on lining up a Pilot demo also. I plan to buy in the spring. There are a bunch of rumors that Hiper is developing a intermediate class canopy that will compete in the Sabre/Safire/Pilot class. If I knew when they would market I'd hold out some. Hiper has a STRONG following @ my DZ and if they're intermediate canopy is as well receivedas the Nitro then I'd definitely check it out.

Thanks for the replies all!

I ordered a Safire II back in mid-2004, a time when a lot of the bad blood comes from. I was told to expect an approximately 6 week turn around time. After about 10 weeks I began trying o contact them without any luck. Finally after about 15 weeks I found the email for the factory and contacted the factory directly. Turns out that they were having trouble with one of their suppliers as every batch of silver zp they were recieivng was failing the inital QC test. This had been communicated to Icarus US several weeks before so that I could be given the option of changing colors, but I'd never been notified. I had my dealer contact the factory directly to do the color change and I had my canopy within three weeks.

Now move into 2005 and the reorganization at Icarus US. I had a major issue with my canopy and Icarus was very prompt in their response and after the issue was resolved, I felt I had recieved great customer service.

Back in 2004 I swore I'd never buy another Icarus product, but the changes they made in 2005 have convinced me to give them another shot.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

There are a bunch of rumors that Hiper is developing a intermediate class canopy that will compete in the Sabre/Safire/Pilot class. If I knew when they would market I'd hold out some. Hiper has a STRONG following @ my DZ and if they're intermediate canopy is as well receivedas the Nitro then I'd definitely check it out.

When I asked a few months ago, they were still working on it, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

I bought in october from the stock. It went from Spain to us dealer within a week or so. Also, I remember that after I took decision and came back to dealer the canopy almost imediately disapeard from the stock list (good, quick response).

And my prived (biased) opinion:
don't buy anything else but Icarus, exept maybe Spectre (very reliable)
I demoed Sabre2 and did not like the openings (off heading).

https://www.facebook.com/1skydive/