lippy

Good rates on VOIP

I just got cut off talking to a friend in Mexico City on Skype and I can't buy more credit cause I've reached my monthly maximum:(.

To call a cell in Mexico on Skype it's like $.33/minute (It's over double that to call long distance from my cell out of North Mexico).

Is there any other VOIP provider that's got good rates and good quality? I looked at Cheapvoip.com but their rates aren't that much better (good enough that I'll make the switch though). If anybody knows of a better choice that's got good quality and I can trust with my credit card number please pass it on.
I got nuthin

Maybe use a calling card. I use NobelCom.com to call Europe; about 2c/minute. Use your whatever regular phone, call a local access number for Nobel.
I am considering getting a MagicJack dongle for my laptop, which gives free internal U.S. calls, so in effect a VOIP with the Nobel rate for international calls.
I checked, and to a cell phone in Mexico 9-13c/minute; to a regular land line 2-3c/minute.
Quality with Nobel is ok, sometimes bad, but can't beat the price. Initial Nobel card is $10-$20, so worth trying.

Mexico to Mexico calls? Seemingly when you buy a MagicJack you get/choose a U.S. phone number. According to their info their system treats all calls from your computer as U.S. sourced calls, so I presume calling the U.S. Nobel access would work. Then your internal Mexico call would get routed through the U.S. back to Mexico at the above rates.

I've used Gizmo several times on my Nokia 770 - it works well.

Internationally - I've used it from Japan to USA and was happy with the quality.

Gizmo is also very cheap but I have not used it consistently to get a good feel for using it as a primary phone.