boinky

Netflix

I'm looking at their 1 movie out $8.99 plan. I'm more interested in their unlimited online program, though, which is included.

What can you tell me about it? Good or bad? :S
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I watch a lot of their view it now movies. I use my wife's laptop and run it through our TV. Works like a champ!

The quality is decent, the download is fast and the selection is OK. Its not every movie, but its a lot of movies and a lot of TV shows and the selection is growing every day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've heard bad stories about the service not being cancelled when requested. B|

When you cancel the service make sure you don't do it toward the start of bill cycle or you get charged. I have had netflicks in the past and have started and stopped the serve a few times. I never had any problems. Overall I thought they had good customer service.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

There are some newer movies, but nothing brand spanking new. Movies will come out and be available on DVD before they can be streamed instantly.

Hopefully this will change in the near future, however I have managed to find some very interesting stuff to watch on the instant viewing, all while still having the DVD's shipped too!

I have enjoyed having netflix, and just noticed they even let you put your account on hold! This is pretty cool and I wish I had noticed it sooner as during summer months I do not watch anywhere near as many movies as I do when the weather sucks. This was also quite good for me as I had a massive backlog of movies I have not seen, heck I am sure there are more that I should see and dont know it yet! :ph34r:

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

$1 + 8.25% tax. PLUS a drive to a local box at roughly $4 a gallon in a truck that gets approximately 13 mpg. AND if you don't have them back by 9 p.m. the following night, they charge you yet ANOTHER $1 + 8.25% tax until you DO return it. B|

I'm very familiar with Redbox and I rent there on a semi-regular basis. My son was fascinated by the whole concept of renting movies out of a little computerized box. ;) But I've had some odd situations come up with them. One time, it wouldn't read my card, so I couldn't rent. Another time, the machine was frozen up and wouldn't work at all. Yet another time, there was nothing there that my son wanted to see (when he's here...it's all about him!) :)
I'm just looking for options that I don't have to rush out and return them by a particular time/day.

Oh...and the movies come to me without my ever having to leave my driveway! :ph34r:

Nina

$1 + 8.25% tax. PLUS a drive to a local box at roughly $4 a gallon in a truck that gets approximately 13 mpg. AND if you don't have them back by 9 p.m. the following night, they charge you yet ANOTHER $1 + 8.25% tax until you DO return it. B|

I'm very familiar with Redbox and I rent there on a semi-regular basis. My son was fascinated by the whole concept of renting movies out of a little computerized box. ;) But I've had some odd situations come up with them. One time, it wouldn't read my card, so I couldn't rent. Another time, the machine was frozen up and wouldn't work at all. Yet another time, there was nothing there that my son wanted to see (when he's here...it's all about him!) :)
I'm just looking for options that I don't have to rush out and return them by a particular time/day.

Oh...and the movies come to me without my ever having to leave my driveway! :ph34r:

I would say ride a bicycle to the store to rent the movie, but that would be a sore subject (no pun intended). [:/]
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

Sorry, I just got a mental image of Nina on a Scooter, riding to the video store! :D:D:D

And you find this amusing....WHY? :S
Nina

Actually, my CRW helmet IS a Bell bike helmet. ;)

I guess if I had a powered scooter, I could use my freefall helmet! :D

Nina