RB_Hammer

NASCAR Driver Brian Vickers on Skydiving

Here is a quote from NASCAR.com by Brian Vickers.

"My heart rate was higher, my stress level was definitely higher [Thursday] from the time I woke up until the end of that race, until the very last lap, than at any point in time prior to me jumping out of an airplane at 13,000 feet," Vickers said with a laugh. "Jumping out of the airplane was obviously awesome; I'm not going to lie to you. You jump out and see the ground coming at you at 100, 200 miles an hour at 13,000 feet, and it's definitely an eye-opener. But it didn't hold a candle to trying to make the Daytona 500 in one of these races."
Link to Article

Anyone know where he jumped?
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

probably true- a tandem skydive has only one moment of truth - leaving the plane. As a racer he has to make life determining choices dozens of times per laps for a few hours. And aside from physical risk, if he does poorly, might get fired.

And of course, they drive faster on the ground than (most of us) fall in the air.

Don't you have anything better to do @work but serf the net??Jeezz;) To answer you question check your home DZ, I think that was the team that jumped 4 or 5 years agoB|
See you tomarrow? Oh F**K IT, I'll call you.

----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

He and Jamie Little (ESPN reporter) went together.

She did a tandem and he appears to have done a AFF jump after some tunnel time. They showed some clips on ESPN today, no actual freefall footage, but I may have missed it.

It was part of his sponsors Team Red Bull Air Force and Team Red Bull Racing coming together and doing a little cross marketing.

I am bummed out, Brian and I have been talking about jumping for years.

Oh well, maybe he will keep it up?
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

A tandem, sure, but I bet if he ever did any competitive skydiving he might find a better match to his personality. I've yet to find anything that is as fun, as frustrating, as exciting (well, I'll stop now, the list could go on with a lot of cliches), as competitive skydiving. I can't wait for the competition season to crank up for me.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So where did they jump?

Accordingto speed.com they jumped in DeLand..

Quote from the page:

"It will be a solo jump, he explained, not the tandem sort where two people are strapped together. “I didn’t want to do tandem,” he said. “Something about a guy strapped to my back just doesn’t seem quite as thrilling.”

Vickers said that to go solo for his first jump, he will have to undergo additional training, but he figured he’s up to the task. “I’m sure there’s more to it than I realize, but I can’t imagine I’m going to forget to pull the cord,” he said. “I can’t imagine it’s not going to be one hell of a rush.” "

:S
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

They had run a story with vid of Vickers standing up a landing along with talking to him about jumping and racing on yesterday on ESPN2 with the coverage of the qualifying for the Nationwide Series race.. They probably will do it again on the race day pre coverage..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Here is a quote from NASCAR.com by Brian Vickers.

"My heart rate was higher, my stress level was definitely higher [Thursday] from the time I woke up until the end of that race, until the very last lap, than at any point in time prior to me jumping out of an airplane at 13,000 feet," Vickers said with a laugh. "Jumping out of the airplane was obviously awesome; I'm not going to lie to you. You jump out and see the ground coming at you at 100, 200 miles an hour at 13,000 feet, and it's definitely an eye-opener. But it didn't hold a candle to trying to make the Daytona 500 in one of these races."
Link to Article

Anyone know where he jumped?

Who cares. he is a NASCAR driver, the most worthless, mindless "sport" on the planet.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Who cares. he is a NASCAR driver, the most worthless, mindless "sport" on the planet.

Have you ever tried driving at 150 mph around a 1/2 mile long track with other cars inches away from you?

It might be a lot of things, but mindless probably isn't one of them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver