Zep

Garlic thing

So I was in the kitchen making some Aliolli
cutting the ends off a dozen garlic cloves
an feeding them into the tube thing, giving it a quick roll an walla
out pop peeled garlic cloves ready for mincing or dicing

Any of you guys got or seen one of these things, they're great.

Gone fishing

I just smash the cloves with my knife and peel them that way. Most of those tiny gadgets they make for garlic are more trouble to use than they are worth.

I basically just peel the skin off with my fingers and cut the ends off. Then feed the cloves into the hand-held garlic mincer.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dave you're an A.B. fan? Will wonders never cease?

LoL

Having met you a couple of times, I never would have guessed.:P

:o I just realized a might be kinda an Alton wanna-be, as I have both the salt cellar, and the measuring plunger set.:$:$

Now if I could only afford the watch collection:ph34r:

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

I'm a HUGE AB fan and love to cook.

I'm with you on the watch collection, that would be nice...I don't have the cellar or the plunger, but they are things I've been meaning to buy. I don't know why I haven't ordered them yet.

Remember, just a few more days until the new Feasting on Asphalt (well, even though they're on boats this year) starts!:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm a HUGE AB fan and love to cook.

I do all of the cooking, as my wife only thinks we have a kitchen since the house came with one.

I love to cook, and almost went to CIA. (by way of almost, means thought about it a lot):ph34r:

I get a bunch of recipes from AB. Remind me to tell you the Spicey Firecracker Carrot story nest time I see you.

Doug.:D:D:D
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

cullinary school seams like it would take all of the fun out of cooking. i love having people sitting at the bar, letting the wine, beer, and bullshit flow while taking my own sweet time fixing a meal. you can have to whole restaurant thing, that just looks like a huge pain in the ass. ab rocks, i get a lot of recipes from him, but more important, i learn why shit does what it does so i can make my own creations even better.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

ab rocks, i get a lot of recipes from him, but more important, i learn why shit does what it does so i can make my own creations even better.

Exactly! Its helped me out a LOT when making up a recipe or changing one that I've used for years.

His books kick serious ass as well, if you haven't read them.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."