Darktreader

Need auto insurance claim help!!

so my truck has been totaled in a wreck that was not my fault. The insurance carrier "nationwide" is really jacking me around on my claim. They use some company called CCC to give me a value of my truck. In which they claim is only 4 grand. The problem I have is there arnt not any trucks identical to mine for sale in my area. Only about 7 in the the whole nation. Also I had a fender bender a while back which left a small dent in the truck bed which I pocketed the money and left the dent and now they say that dent is 1200 worth of damage off of the value so they say my trcuk is worth about 3 grand. They say they would discount the damaged some and their best offer is 3800.00. NADA listed my truck in current condition and milage as retail value 7000 and wholesale in rough at 3800.00. All you experts out there give a leg to stand on here please.....
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

That's their job...minimize payouts. Nothing new there.

Again, lawyer up...or arbitration.

Funny you got busted on keeping the cash for the dent, though.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

believe me I have researched my ass off. according to the claims office they do not have to replace my truck nor pay me for retail value or what they are selling for now. Only the market value of what I had at the time and nothing more. Further more they just stoped the rental car as soon as they made the offer. The problem I have is providing documents that show the value because my only resourses are nada and KBB and edmunds in which they say arnt ligitatemate caims to value because they only list suggested "retail" value and they by law dont have to pay that.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

1150, and I understand that figure or some of it affecting the value of my truck. The problem is they are subtracting that from a 4 grand figure. That 4 grand initial value is what is pissing me off. I cant come even close to buying to buy another truck like I had for that.

LOL

so they are undervaluing the amount they gave you to fix it the first time?:D:D:D:D

Or are they overvaluing the amount they want to deduct?

Either way - One would think that the amounts would match up.

How did they find out about it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No lawyer is going to take your case unless you are injured. There is no money to be made unless you are injured.

Sorry.

No compensation?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

USAA is the only one that hasn't tried to screw me over.

Same here. I used to have AAA before I was in the military. Had a couple bad incidents with them. USAA haven't given me anything except great service. I used to hate calling the insurance company until I got USAA. Never had a problem with a claim.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Lawyer up.

Insurance companies do nothing but jack you around. USAA is the only one that hasn't tried to screw me over.

True 'nuff re: USAA.

So Nationwide is your company or the other guy's company? If it's the other guy's company is it possible that your insurance company could help you out?
Killing threads since 2004.

its the other guys carrier and I cant go thru mine I already have tried and I only had liability ins, so my policy wont cover it, and I cant get a lawyer because there nothing in it for them. I can go to small claims court and state my case for why I think my truck is worth what I say it is but I was hoping not to have to go that route.

Sorry, I wasn't really clear. Is it possible that your company would help you out with coming up with a legit value for the vehicle even though you aren't filing a claim?

A slightly different situation, but USAA bank did this for me when I was trying to sell my camper. The other person's bank was coming back with insanely low values on the camper and USAA was willing to go through the process with my trailer as if I was going through them to purchase it to tell me what it would be worth to them.

Just a thought.
Killing threads since 2004.

yes my agent which is state farm, did help in that sense. They are the only carrier that uses NADA pricing for value and that told what they would use to appraise the car and thats where I got my figures from however no other carrier does that.