kkeenan

Sign of the Times

You know it's bad when the forums tacked on to the bottom of those news stories are full of insults that would get you banned in a flash on here. :S

When the police recovered the cell phone they found the following partial undelivered text message, "Stupid is as stupid....."

Boy aren't you a nasty B****.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I got a "page not found" message when attempting to open the link you provided.

On topic, a high school friend of mine lost her 16 year old daughter last year due to text messaging and driving. She wrapped the car around a telephone pole and died instantly. Her passenger survived and is traumatized for life.[:/]

Sad, very sad indeed.

As crude as this may sound though, this situation [and others like it] are completely avoidable; the kid was simply not paying attention. Yet another example of something that just didn't have to happen.

When driving, it is best to not touch the phone at all, however, if you absolutely have to use it at least invest in a good bluetooth ear-piece (yes, I know those are not 100% safe either but it's better than fiddling with the handset.) AND FOR GOD-SAKE - [B][U]DON'T TEXT & DRIVE!!![/B][/U] :|

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

That happened a stone's throw from where I live, in fact it was ALS 19 (the unit I ride with for auxilliary) that responded. It is very sad... odds are it happened so quickly, that his friends didnt have time to react. Hwy 27 is crazy-stupid busy. I responded to a head-on collision there Saturday evening, luckily all that were involved were ok. Prayers and vibes out to this young-man's family & friends....[:/]

I mentioned in the other thread that the night of my first ER clinical as an EMT student I worked on a girl that went through the winsheild of her car after crossing lanes and getting in a head-on collision. They found her cell phone with a half written text message on it. Just found out last night that the other vehicle was much larger and thankfully the driver was wearing a seat belt and had minor injuries. No word on the condition of the girl that was texting. She was treated initially in town here and then sent up to Houston or down to Corpus, not sure which.
Killing threads since 2004.

Talking on a cell phone while driving isn't the best idea, but I cannot for the life of me understand why someone would TEXT while driving.

I'd say that's a Darwin Award.

Isn't the whole point of text messaging that the text will be sitting there in your phone for you to read when you have time? :S

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------