rcc

VX vs VELO what do think the best is?

it is painfull isnt it? :)

Another can of worms opened by the question... I can certainly see an 18 year old behind it
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Oh i agree 100% but just b/c my jump numbers are low doesn't mean i don't know anything. :)
Also if i'm not mistaken isn't the swoop distance record on a Velo?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

ummmmmm thought it was a 27 cell.........

eeeeeeeeeer a vx is as much a 27 cell as a sabre is an 18 cell. a vx is a crossbraced 9 cell a velocity is a cross braced 7 cell. :P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

eeeeeeeeeer a vx is as much a 27 cell as a sabre is an 18 cell. a vx is a crossbraced 9 cell a velocity is a cross braced 7 cell. :P

so the Xaos-27 should be the Xaos9?:S:P

and if you really wanna be technical about it all square parachutes are one celled b/c of the crossports:D:P:P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Ah, c'mon Frost - don't you want to go round two on this one?

I've changed my mind on the topic since Roq explained that the Onyx is the best braced canopy out there, and would hands down beat every other canopy on the market with any pro pilot under it.

Canuck

Ah, c'mon Frost - don't you want to go round two on this one?

I've changed my mind on the topic since Roq explained that the Onyx is the best braced canopy out there, and would hands down beat every other canopy on the market with any pro pilot under it.

Canuck

I would... by i forgot what my opinion was... may be "I" should use a search function :)
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

If you look at an inflated Sabre from above, you see 9 distinctly different cells. If you look at a Velo from above, you 21 distinctly different cells.

PIA defines a cell as:

Cell: The compartment formed by the top and bottom surfaces and two adjacent load
bearing ribs. Each cell is usually divided by a non-load bearing rib to form two half cells.
Cells are numbered from left-to-right by full-cell number; use left (L) and right (R) to
designate the appropriate half cell.

Calling a Velo a 21 cell canopy and a VX a 27 cell canopy is consistent with PIA's definition.

For Great Deals on Gear

besides this topic being whipped to death like a slow mule, theres no answer to the question which canopy is better. its like asking whats better a ferrari or a lamborgini? they are both engenering marvels, its a matter of personal preference. they are different, but neither is better than the other. thats why theres so many of both canopy's being flown.
im always amazed how many people dont understand this concept. to me it shows lack of understanding of both canopy's to ask which is better.