CSpenceFLY

Anyone want to take some chopper lessons with me?

Something I have always wanted to do but have never taken the time. What I have in mind is a group doing a introductory flight and I'm going to try to find someone who will drop jumpers. I'm guessing the cost to be in the $150-$200 depending on the amount of flight time. This will probably happen somewhere in the Atlanta area.

I am also looking at getting current in fixed wing so I can do a little flying and maybe fly some jumpers but that will happen in the Middle Ga. area.

I realize it doesn't help you at all but I know a great place to learn at the airport we jump at in Lebanon, OH... and they're more then happy to take up and drop jumpers... :) I've jumped out of their Enstrom F-28C a couple of times... :)
http://www.verticaladvantagehelicopters.com/

The guy in charge (TJ) is a really good guy!!! B|

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Something I have always wanted to do but have never taken the time. What I have in mind is a group doing a introductory flight and I'm going to try to find someone who will drop jumpers. I'm guessing the cost to be in the $150-$200 depending on the amount of flight time. This will probably happen somewhere in the Atlanta area.

I am also looking at getting current in fixed wing so I can do a little flying and maybe fly some jumpers but that will happen in the Middle Ga. area.

projected timeframe?
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

It might help. This may turn into a RoamingDZ.com trip. Maybe a day of jumping and a day of chopper flying and chopper jumps.

we'd love to have a contingent from Atlanta come up and visit... at least I would as I'd get to catch up with a lot of old friends... :)
earlier this season their prices were running around $45 per jumper... (the Enstroms can only hold two) they aren't usually carrying jumpers every weekend but I'm sure if we had people comming up to jump the Helocopter/take lessons they would be available.

They seem to fly regularly on the weekends... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My wife and I both have talked about helicopter lessons for some time. But they're so expensive, aren't they? If I retire from active jumping, then I might give it a try, but I would first learn to fly planes like everyone else.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It might help. This may turn into a RoamingDZ.com trip. Maybe a day of jumping and a day of chopper flying and chopper jumps.

First he's getting all nostalgic and wanting to be reminded of how much everyone llluuuuuvvvddd the Dublin Boogies, now all this talk about choppers and flying lessons. I think our boy's getting his Boogie-throwin' Fever back. B|
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Umm Billy,

How,

yeah, well here goes,

How you gonna hear ATC?
Let alone us in the back screaming?

Matt

Here's a website to peruse... http://www.deafpilots.org/index.html not much there but, there are a fairly small number of deaf pilots out there. I met one who had 10,000 hours in all kinds, including King Airs. One of us on here is a deaf pilot, skydiver and amputee (MX757)

Generally, they don't fly in and out of control-tower-equipped airports due to the need for constant contact with ATC. They can just file a flight plan to go from point a to point b, and ATC will warn other traffic to get the fuck out of the way. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Still doesn't help us in the back of the plane:P

But now I am scared wondering ...

Trust me, the deaf pilots out there take their flying seriously. But I'll tell you what was scary... 20 years ago my roommate at RIT in Rochester, NY, was taking flying lessons near his home in Columbus, OH. I visited him for several days and he invited me to come along. I thought I'd stand on the ground and watch him fly, but his instructor let him take me along IN the plane. He was to practice landings and take-offs.... to this day I don't know how the goddamn wheels managed to stay on the landing gear!!! :D:D:D

Nevertheless he didn't stick with it.

I think our boy's getting his Boogie-throwin' Fever back. B|

Yeah, the Roaming DZ Invitation Only Boogie is this weekend. Didn't you know?

:D:D

F*cker. And I was just about to invite you down to Coconut Grove for a shot of Glenlivet.
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Umm Billy,

How,

yeah, well here goes,

How you gonna hear ATC?
Let alone us in the back screaming?

Matt

:D:D:DI just got a vision: Belting into a Huey, about 200' off the ground, when a cute newbie in the back says: "Why is there a rear view mirror in this chopper?"

Time frame is flexable. Well unless we go to Ohio then the sooner the better. It gets cold up there.

For all of you talking about cost. I'm not talking about getting a license. It should not be any more then a weekend at the DZ or even a day for some of you.

A local school here in Houston had 'introductory flights' ... 25.00 for 15 minutes, last weekend.

The turn out was so great that they had cops directing traffic and parking.

My better 1/2 is working on her rating, currently has 12 hrs., she took the ride a couple times and logged the time! :ph34r:

Might wanna check if anyone local to you is doing anything similar...;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~