freefallfreak

A serious rant

Well, dudes and dudettes,
For the third time in as many months I've been stuck in the hospital with serious injury/surgery. Only this time, as I lay in I.C.U. with tubes sticking out of me everywhere, and being pumped full of Diladad and Morphine, my home was burglarized. They hit me for over $4000.00 worth of stuff, including power tools that I had been using to cut and place a hardwood floor with and a handgun (H&K .40 usp S&W). I spent a lot of time making this place a home, not just a house, and I'm mad as all hell. My insurance paid off today and I immediately ordered a Baby Desert Eagle to protect myself with cause I still have over 60 staples in my abdomen and have no way of protecting myself in case they come back. I also renewed my CCW permit. I'm also 61 years old and not in good shape anymore. I dropped from 195 lbs to less than 150 lbs in the hospital this time so I'm still weak as a kitten. Now...what kind of son of a bitch would do this to an older guy in bad health?

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

what kind of son of a bitch would do this to an older guy in bad health?

Holy Shit! Some people are just royal fucktards and seriously need to be bitch slapped.

I am saddened to hear this, but glad you are okay! I was just having a conversation last night with my sweetie on home safety / invasion - what our plan of attack would be, etc. It's so sad that we have to live our lives like that these days.

Heal quickly! Call in reinforcements to stay with you till you are completely back on your feet!

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Hang in there sweetie. I know it sucks, but remember they are just material possessions and you still have the love of your friends.

Sending you big hugs and kisses...and even a snuggle to the bosom. :$

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'd seriously like to do more than bitch slap the bastard but I guess I won't get the chance if hegets caught first.

Reinforcements? The only friends I have here are about my age and don't think "retaliation". The only skydivers close to my location are Billy Vance and Auburnguy and I don't know either one of them so reinforcements are out of the equation. All of my friends live in Hotlanta and that's too far to drive just to babysit with me, lol. Oh well...nice suggestions, tho.

TripleF

Yep, you are right. It's only material stuff and luckily I have full replacement insurance so I didn't lose any real money. It just pisses me off that I was laying on my back in I.C.U. when it happened and was helpless to do anything about it.
Thanks for the hugs and kisses and especially the snuggle. I could really use it.

TripleF

Sorry you're going thru all that and have some jerk break in. I WOULD say at least you have your health, but you're not feeling well, so take a hug from me instead :)
Hopefully the jerks in question will be caught if/when they try to unload your stuff. Be well, FFF~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I'd seriously like to do more than bitch slap the bastard but I guess I won't get the chance if hegets caught first.

The police can either do less or more than you might when they catch the asshole.

When a young punk stole my $500 snow board I found his car and talked to the Summit County sheriff's office which sent out officers to wait for him to leave the ski area parking lot.

He got popped for felony ski theft, and since Mommy and Daddy's SUV was used to transport the goods they decided it was involved in the comission of a felony and therefore subject to forfeiture. Oops!

The sheriffs taking a $40K SUV was _way_ more than I could have done.

Thanks, April. The little bout I had a couple of years ago with cancer came back and that's what happened to put me in this shape. I'll get over it again, tho. I never give up and never give in. So the grim reaper has another fight on his hands, lol.
That hug means a lot, dear. More than I can say "thank you" for.

Triple

My heart goes out to you. Truly. If you wander around these boards you will see that I am somewhat in the same boat as you. Somewhat.

I don't know where you live but if it's anywhere near me, I'll come over and sit watch for you. I am currently harboring a lot of anger in desperate need of displacement.

At least you weren't hurt. Seriously. I know that statement is a hard one to wrap your mind around because I keep hearing it and having to repeat it to myself these days. You weren't physically hurt but you were violated, kicked when you were down and, along with everything else, your peace of mind was stolen. The tools and handgun and other things are just stuff and your insurance will replace that. Nothing can replace the peace of mind. Time maybe? I don't know yet. It's only been a week for me.

If you want to chat, whine, wallow in self pity, feel free to use me as a sounding board. We can wallow together. :P

Big giant hugs from some chick you don't know!!!

If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Lol..Hi some chick I don't know. Thanks for the words. I'm having to remind myself that it's only material possessions and that the insurance people were good enough to already pay me in full for the loss of them. You are dead on right about the peace of mind. I've worked pretty hard to turn this place from a house into a "home" and it gets discouraging to think that nothing is safe anymore. I've been on this earth long enough to "know" that time heals the mind so I just have to keep reminding myself of that each time a car drives by and I reach for a weapon. I'm also greatful that I wasn't here when it happened cause someone could have been hurt or worse and the last thing I want is to have that on my conscience. Again, thanks for the kind words.

TripleF

A neighbor saw one of the three bastards walking past my house three times and then head down the driveway. My neighbor lost track of the jerk when as he topped the small hill but went down to a friend's house, got back up and came back, only to find the sneaky bastard gone. They called the sheriff but couldn't find anyone. Two days later the guy came back at night and wiped me out. My neighbors didn't want to tell me while I was in the hospital so they waited till I got home, met me in the driveway, told me about it and that's how I found out.

TripleF

Dude, I know how you feel. My house was broken into 3 times in my first 5 years there. First time, they broke in the back door, just kicked it through the frame. All I could find missing was my Sony PC1 camcorder and a little blue safe that I'd had since I was 8 years old, with about $18 in pennies inside.

Second time they smashed the garage window and made off with my air compressor, Stihl chainsaw and Dewalt Miter power saw, that I know of. They didn't touch the Toyota MR2 Spyder convertible in there. Go figure.

Third time, we knew who it was. A girl who ended up in the hospital in a coma for a month from an overdose due to her asshole drug dealing boyfriend, who then disappeared. We took her in for post-recovery while she attended rehab. Had her mail forwarded to our address. Thought she was doing well. Then right after her last rehab class, she disappeared. But showed up the first time the day her SSD check arrived. I told her to change her mailing address then. Next time the check came, I set it on the dining table. Then I went to Florida for a week but my wife stayed to work. That girl came by to pick up her check but nobody was home, and she knew my wife was at work, but couldn't be bothered to wait for her, and smashed in the window to the breakfast nook at the back of the house, took her mail and was gone. I never saw her again. Bitch. >:( You try to help someone and that's how they pay you back. :S

Get an alarm system along with motion detectors that light the place up with floodlights. Make sure the alarm's really loud too.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Get an alarm system along with motion detectors that light the place up with floodlights. Make sure the alarm's really loud too.

I spent about an hour or so at Home Depot in the motion detector light section comparing them all. My favorite was that they had a great selection of solar powered ones that you could use for barns or detached garages or just to be environmentally friendly. The shelf was full of them. They were all covered in dust. I live in Seattle. Why would they even bother stocking them?!?

Anyway. I asked the sales guy which ones had the best sensor (I have bamboo that triggers one of the lights I have now with just the tiniest of movements) and which ones were most likely to cause retinal damage.

I ended up getting one that is two 150watt halogen bulbs with a 240 degree motion sensor that is supposed to light up 21,000 square feet. It was $39.97.

The other one is pretty industrial looking. It's got two 250 watt halogen bulbs, a 270 degree sensor with a 100 foot detection range. That one was $79.97.

I haven't put either up yet because I haven't felt like playing with electricity outside while it is raining. Hopefully I can get them up today.

There are also add-ons you can get for motion sensor lights that will turn on a light in your house as well when the motion sensor is triggered.

Security system?

I have two dogs. I don't know anything about getting a security system but I do know that my dogs are way more snuggly than anything made by ADT. Then again, a security system probably wouldn't try to hog the bed. My dogs alerted us to the Asshat in the house and helped chase him away.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

trip f,

dude,

went squirel hunting last week for the first time, got two of thos little suckers. they are pretty fast so i'm pretty sure i could get a slow human, even with the bolt action 20 ga. i have... lol. sorry you got robbed, glad to hear you are out of the hospital though!

Some people are just scum !

Ever thaught about a visit to the pound ? Adopt a dog for company and security.

Big hugg from another chick you dont know.

LilD
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Lol...I'm not sure how fast/slow the asshat is but you are welcome to bring that 20 ga. and have a shot or two.

I guess I'll get over it all eventually but it just irks me that the bastard did it while I was in the hospital. The insurance paid off and I'm in the process of rebuying tools and the rest of the stuff lost.

Thanks for the bit about getting out of the hospital. Man, that place is like a prison. I had so many tubes and stuff stuck in me that I couldn't even roll over on my side. Had to stay flat on my back the whole time but the Morphine and the Diladid helped a bit, lol.

Man, I'm glad to see you posting again. I've wondered where you'd gone to. Keep me informed of your whereabouts and how you are doing. We've all missed your poor typing, lol.

TripleF