schuey87

Paying for gear

There's usually a deposit of 50% or less (e.g., Jumpshack only required me to put a $400 downpayment for a $1700 H/C, but Aerodyne wanted exactly 50%), and you pay the rest when the finished product is ready to ship. That's been the practice on virtually all new-gear orders I've placed.

My custom all-Aerodyne rig was a downpayment of something over a third and less than half to kick it off, with the rest due on shipping.

I suspect that was something my dealer sorted out... possibly I paid half of dealer price up front? That makes me think that my dealer isn't making that much on my rig, and that sort of fits from dealer comments on this forum. Wafer-thin margins, and all.

Which reminds me - hopefully four weeks or less to go. Oh please, oh please...
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

The Skydiving Outlet requires 50% down on custom items when you place your order. The balance is due when the manufacturer completes the order.

We do not generally require a down payment on non-custom items, even if ordered with a custom order, so if you were to order a custom container with an AAD, only the container would require a down payment at time of order.

For Great Deals on Gear

At Gravity Gear, we do 50% down for custom orders, with the balance due upon shipping. We also have a payment plan if you set up auto draw.

Hey! Are you posting from abroad? Go back to hobnobbing with the in-laws!

(Btw, I payed Clay yesterday for the S-Links as well as his stuff.)