GQ_jumper

UFC 91: Couture v Lesnar

Randy is old.***

I'm gonna fart on your had for saying that!!

Are you going to fart on my hand? that's odd.:D

hand, head, i left the other letter out on purpose to keep you guessing!!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alright so here's the post weigh in deal. Randy stepped on the scale weighing only 220. The first thing I said when he walked in was that he looked a LOT skinnier than usual and his weght confirmed that. At the Gonzaga fight he walked in at 227. 220 is about what he would step into the cage at when he was fighting as a light heavyweight, and Brock of course had to cut weight to make the 265 pound cutoff.

So what does the lighter weight mean for the fight?? Randy's gameplan is going to be to move at a pace that Brock can't kep up with. Randy's training for this fight has pushed his cardio to a new level, since no matter how much weight he gained he coudln't compete with Brock's size. He can however compete with Brock's endurance. Randy is planning on using quicker footwork to keep Brock moving so he can't shoot for an efficient takedown, and the lighter weight will give Randy the advantage in the later rounds where Brock's gas tank has never been tested. I've said since day one that Randy is going to win this thing in the championship rounds and this pretty much confirms that this is the plan.

So despite the fact that I had to sell my tickets and I'm not thereright now I'm still insanely excited for this thing to kick off. I've been starin at the clock all day wanting it to go faster!!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yea I'm excited to see the old man shock lots of people...again.

As I said before, IF borck wins it's be due to luck.

And the dream is....over!:D

"that's a big sumbitch."

You got that right. :D

I can't believe it was that easy. 2nd round TKO? Brock hits like a sledgehammer, if you let him. Looks like the fight was going back and forth, pretty even, until Brock got in a knee and punch combination that dropped Randy to one knee and Brock just pounced on him with hammer punches until the referee had no choice but to stop the fight.

That was Brock's 4th fight... unbelievable, until you realize that Randy also won the world title in his 4th fight as well.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can't bring myself to bet on MMA. It's so unpredictable.

If you go back and read my predictions you'll see I have a 100% accuracy rate...
...but that only happened on the fights I was right about.

:D:D:D

I won't bet on any sports event again. I only did it once, on the Alabama - Florida State game last year, with Skinnyshrek. I lost. Now I can't get the fat bastard back. :|:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can't bring myself to bet on MMA. It's so unpredictable.

If you go back and read my predictions you'll see I have a 100% accuracy rate...
...but that only happened on the fights I was right about.

:D:D:D

I won't bet on any sports event again. I only did it once, on the Alabama - Florida State game last year, with Skinnyshrek. I lost. Now I can't get the fat bastard back. :|:P

lol he financed my A- license jumps consistantly by losing on redskins wagers.... :P
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

There were a lot more than just jtval that were CONVINCED Couture would win and are not posting now. I really wanted him to win, but damn, Lesnar's a horse.

I didn't think, however that it would be due to striking. I thought it would be take down after take down and a boring decision. It didn't look at first that the punch was that devistating. I guess it crumpled up his neck enough to drop him.

Yea, as I stated way too often above, I thought the only way Brock would win is by luck.

That wasn't a lucky shot that dropped Randy.
It was a good one.

the ref gave plenty of time to randy (and the fans) but he wasn't able to recover.
My photos

My Videos