GQ_jumper

UFC 91: Couture v Lesnar

Funny how we have people voting for Brock to win but nobody is stepping up to state their case for Brock. The must be part of the "well he's just big!!" crowd that believes Brock's size is going to be too much for anyone.

Worst case scenario, Brock wins this fight and moves on to fight the winner of Mir/Nogueria, that just sucks for him, Mir already has a win over him and Nog is the greatest submission artist in the heavyweight division...worldwide, not just in the UFC. Either way Brock loses that fight, submission artists are the worst stylistic match for wrestlers.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kimbo Slice? Hmm, doesn't rig a bell. Is that the guy who was beaten back to Kevin Ferguson status by a newb in just 19 seconds?

Were we the only ones calling Kimbo a sorry excuse for an MMA fighter from day one??

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

He was a sloppy puncher that fought a bunch of diots in their backyards, anyone with the slgihtest bit of foot/head movement would be able to stay away from that big hand, and simple takedowns can end him. He was done in that fight against "alien ear" until the idiot gassed and couldn't finish Kimbo on the ground.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

ya I've hated Kimbo since day one. I've also been predicting the fall of exlite xc not since day one but for all of 2008. I don't like elite xc but one thing I miss is they always had shows close to my house for dirt cheap. UFC comes to Sacramento maybe once every 3 years. As far as kimbo, rumors say he may go to strike force or one of those compaines in Japan.His mma days are numberd unless he finds another company to protect him and give him easy fights. Affliction is the next company to go down. I give them until the fall of 2009. Those dipshits havn't even started promoting there January event lol

ummm.....question to all you brock fans out there, you do know pro-wrestling is fake right?? just checking, cause I've read a handful of articles in the past few days where people claim that brock has an iron chin because he wasa always getting punched in the WWE and never went down.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

ummm.....question to all you brock fans out there, you do know pro-wrestling is fake right?? just checking, cause I've read a handful of articles in the past few days where people claim that brock has an iron chin because he wasa always getting punched in the WWE and never went down.

In pro-wrestling, the kicks and punches are always pulled, meaning they are not done full-force. That is why these guys almost never get visible bruises on their faces and also why these guys are able to wrestle 4 times a week traveling all over the country. But they DO take a pounding from all the body slams, knock-downs, frog splashes off the top rope, 15 foot falls off the top of a ladder through tables, etc. Sometimes they have to take a few weeks off to recover, and sometimes they suffer injuries - ACL tears, torn muscles, broken ribs, clavicles, etc when they fall the wrong way, usually from the ring to the thinly padded concrete floor outside the ring.

I've read that Brock has a glass jaw, just because he has not trained for full contact fighting for years and years. That's not to say he could shake off a few punches, as he does have a helluva strong cranium/forehead. Just go for the chin. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In pro-wrestling, the kicks and punches are always pulled, meaning they are not done full-force. That is why these guys almost never get visible bruises on their faces and also why these guys are able to wrestle 4 times a week traveling all over the country. But they DO take a pounding from all the body slams, knock-downs, frog splashes off the top rope, 15 foot falls off the top of a ladder through tables, etc. Sometimes they have to take a few weeks off to recover, and sometimes they suffer injuries - ACL tears, torn muscles, broken ribs, clavicles, etc when they fall the wrong way, usually from the ring to the thinly padded concrete floor outside the ring.

Agree 100%, those guys punish the hell out of their bodies, but they don't take the sort of direct damage that one could potentially sustain in an MMA fight, so saying Brock has proven he can take the damage a top level MMA fighter can dish out is plain ignorant. I'm getting so sick of all the Brock nut-huggers in the forums making retarded comments. I could really do without the WWE crowd.

I've read that Brock has a glass jaw, just because he has not trained for full contact fighting for years and years. That's not to say he could shake off a few punches, as he does have a helluva strong cranium/forehead. Just go for the chin.

If there is someone in the division who has the power and accuracy to test that glass jawits Randy. Look at what he dd to sylvia in the stand-up game, Brock is in for one hell of a chin check.

And Johnny D, I do give Brock credit for winning against Herring who is one hell ofa survivor, remember, Fedor couldn't finish Heath either. I will however say that Brock did little more i n that fight than control the position and pace. That first punch caused enough damage to Heath that he should have been easyto finish and Brock did very little after that besides control where Heath went. Randy will be a lot tougher to control and big overhand rights aren't going to catch him the way they did Heath and Frank. Brock better be prepared for a long night.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Joe and my brother in law Phil watch MMA everything, and they have their favorites. I don't know who they're looking at for this fight. Me, I'm not partial to either.

-I'm just glad somebody beat Urijah. He's easy to pick to win, but I get bored listening to him run his mouth. To quote Samuel L Jackson: "Why is it always the assholes who [win]?" I didn't even get to watch the fight. [:/]

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You know I was doing a bit more homework studying some of Couture's fights against bigger guys where everyone claims he has issues. Obviously Sylvia isn't a good comparison because he didn't have a ground game, yes the size played a part but Randy easily overcame it. I'm talking about his fight with Barnett. Randy was controlling every aspect of that fight through the later part of the second round when Josh secured a sneaky sweep and before Randy could scramble back to his feet Josh unleashed a hellacous GNP that ended the fight. And that was nearly 10 years ago when Randy was a much less seasoned fighter than he is today, so that fight in itself serves as proof that size+wrestling doesn't automatcially spell lights out for Randy. I seriously doubt we'll see Randy controlled in the way Herring was. His wrestling is too good and his ability to scramble will instantly put him in a clinch/dirty boxing scenario anytime Brock makes a failed takedown attempt and nobody plays the dirty boxing game better than Randy. I don't see Brock causing any significant damage on the ground, apart from the first big punch against Herring Brock didn't really cause any major damage. It's Randy's game to lose and I don't see him making the critical mistake.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Randy is old. He has no business Being in the octagon. He should have stayed in retirement.

...and he will win again.

If he loses it will be the luckiest fight Brock might ever fight.

Brock will be a bad ass but he's still got a long way to go/
My photos

My Videos