RALFFERS

Bars

Question - if you have 10 drinks between 2 people in 2 1/2 hours & are Not causing trouble or showing signs of intoxication, does the bartender have the right to cut you off??... [Crazy]:|
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

If two people get one drink and split it, the bartender can cut you off. The bartender can cut you off two sips into a soda if he or she feels so inclined.

Sucks but that's the way it goes.

You should have come out with me tonight. If anyone should have ever been kicked out of a bar tonight it was me. Didn't happen though. Don't know why.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Yep.

Theoretically, based on guesstimated body weight and amount of alcohol consumed in a given time period, they can "guess" if you're legally drunk or not. As a result, depending on local (and/or state) laws and if they continued to serve you drinks, if you were to drive and injure/kill someone, they can be held partially responsible - bartender's license (assuming they have one) yanked as well as financially - and so can the bar that they work for.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Statutes (laws) prohibiting vendors from serving alcohol to visibly intoxicated people have been around for decades in jurisdictions all over the US. The main legislative motivation is to reduce alcohol-related traffic accidents. Violations of statutes are considered negligence per se. Yes, bar patrons have a duty to exercise personal responsibility. And alcohol vendors have a legal duty to exercise professional and social responsibility. The full picture consists of taking everyone's responsibilities into consideration. It really takes very little creativity or imagination to lawyer-bash; it's an equal opportunity dumbing-down.

Question - if you have 10 drinks between 2 people in 2 1/2 hours & are Not causing trouble or showing signs of intoxication, does the bartender have the right to cut you off??... [Crazy]:|

Said the drunk Guy!
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Must have been due to the type of shots you were trying to order....:P:ph34r::D

You're evil - that's all I have to say about that.

I can't believe I fell for that....

:P

:D

I waited up all night for the "please post bail" call-glad it didn't come:)

I was just being funny and joking when I sent you that text. I wasn't planning on getting in trouble, and glad I didn't. Nice to know though that if I needed help in some way you would do what you could. Thank you, Divot. :)

if you drank that much you were showing signs:S

I would think so too - in fact, I was sitting there thinking why I wasn't drunk (not that that's what my intention was; I don't drink for the sake of getting drunk.) I don't have a problem admitting otherwise if that's the case.

My tolerance could of been due to [any combination of] the following reasons: I workout on a regular basis - 5 days a week; because I'm working out so much I eat 6 times a day (moderate to large meals.) I also had a lot of heavy food on this particular night; the drinks came right after dinner. Then there's also the fact to consider that some days are better than others; 1 day you drink 2 screwdrivers and feel it, while on other days you can drink a ton of alcohol and not be effected. That said, I fully understand why someone who was serving me would assume I was intoxicated, just by observing the amount consumed. The bartender and I had a nice talk while he was closing up; he apologized and said he just wanted to be on the safe side. The man is just trying to keep his job; I respect that.