RALFFERS

I'm Pretty happy about this

I don't know if any of you are interested to know this, but I''m pretty happy about it - so thought I'd share.

Although my workingout began to pay off some time ago, it is really starting to shine through now. I definitely am continuing to build muscle on my entire body; most of it is on my upper body, but my legs are starting to show definition as well. As a result, my arch is really, REALLY improving - I'm very excited! :) If I have this good of an arch on nothing but the ground/floor, I can only imagine how good and easy it'll be in the tunnel or in the air. This was anything but the case when I went to Florida for the tunnel camp this time last year.

In addition, I finally put on some weight; 5 pounds. It may not seem like much to most of you, but I have trouble putting on 1 pound, so 5 is really a feat. Hell, to get here I've had to eat 7 times a day for quite a while. I now weigh 125 lbs, my target weight is 150 lbs.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Just start workingout; 3 times a week is enough to start off with. Most people have no idea how to lose weight; eat small meals & snacks 4-6 times a day and do light strength training, then do 10-14 minutes of cardio - in that order. You'll see where that'll get you, trust me...:)

contrary to what the majority of people think - eating less and/or starving yourself is NOT the way to lose weight. Its how & what you eat that's key.

What kind of workout are you doing?

What Divot said... :D:D

Well, that and a little bit of everything really. 1 day I work my upper body (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, lower back, upper back, abs) - the next day I do my legs. I switch between the 2 routines every other day & go to the gym 5 days a week. Typically, I use a variation of 5 machines per workout, and depending on what I'm doing, I lift between 50-75 lbs. 4 Sets of 20 reps. I work my abs every day though; crunches - 4 sets of 50 reps.

What kind of workout are you doing?

What Divot said... :D:D

Well, that and a little bit of everything really. 1 day I work my upper body (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, lower back, upper back, abs) - the next day I do my legs. I switch between the 2 routines every other day & go to the gym 5 days a week. Typically, I use a variation of 5 machines per workout, and depending on what I'm doing, I lift between 50-75 lbs. 4 Sets of 20 reps. I work my abs every day though; crunches - 4 sets of 50 reps.

If you wanna put on more weight you should try doing less reps with more weight. Are you using protein shakes?
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

Are you using protein shakes?

Yes - and when I make them I blend it with bananas, strawberries and a good sized spoon of peanut butter.

The other thing I forgot to mention is this - when I first began to try and arch, although my chest & back had some flexibility and would arch a tad, my ass & hips would shoot up like a rocket. Thus it wasn't much of an arch after all. That was a few months ago... Now, my pelvis is staying glued to the floor, & I'm able to arch with no effort whatsoever (whereas before I had to put every ounce of strength into arching, & couldn't keep my pelvis down if my life depended on it.)