HellRaiser

What is the reasoning behind locking a thread vs deleting it?

Some other issues:

If a thread is just plain wasting bandwidth, like a thread where two people post "BOO!" 400 times, or post creative and interesting pictures of their own shit, then it gets deleted because bandwidth and storage costs money. If it's just getting started sometimes we'll just lock it so that people can see it's been locked and not waste time/disk space starting another one.

If a thread is useful but has become rancorous, like many Incidents threads, locking it is often a better option because there may be some good information there. Sometimes we'll delete/edit some posts to make them less offensive and lock it so it can serve as a reference without starting any flame fests.

If a post has a useful part and an inflammatory part, sometimes we will just edit that post. If it's all inflammatory we'll either delete it or post a warning (leaving the post there) so that people can see what they posted and that it's not OK.

"open and uncensored " is one thing , mindless kid shit is another

Man! The bonfires you hang out at must be a bore! I like hanging out at the DZ bonfires where mindless kid shit happens all the time like naked people falling into fires and golf carts driven by drunks go into ditches. Oh and let's not forget the classic shooting fireworks out of asses. That's what comes to my mind when I think of "the bonfire"

I'd expect nothing less from a section on dropzone.com called "the bonfire".
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Having a body of users come to this site and click on advertisement links brings the owners money. Threads like the one discussed are what keep me coming to the site and potentially clicking on advertisement links. Therefor, "something labled The most disturbing video in the history of the internet" does have value to this site. It's why I'm here!

And there won't be any ads to click on if the owners can't get anyone to advertise here because they see threads such as that. See the connection? Sangiro has always strived to have a quality site and I think he has been successful at that. We're also here to make sure it stays that way.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>I like hanging out at the DZ bonfires where mindless kid shit happens
>all the time like naked people falling into fires and golf carts driven by
>drunks go into ditches.

Right. Now picture a bonfire where a drunk guy shows up, takes a big dump right in front of you, and then wants to talk to you about its fine consistency and aroma. Hey look! Corn! Then a nude fat woman walks up with a jar of Crisco, a dog and a broken bottle. Another guy walks up with the leg of a guy you know who just went in. He thinks it's cool. He pummels you with it as a gag.

Eventually there wouldn't be that many people around the bonfire. Heck, the guy who owns the property might even make some loser rules like "no one can shit on the ground." Such is life.

Right. Now picture a bonfire where a drunk guy shows up, takes a big dump right in front of you, and then wants to talk to you about its fine consistency and aroma. Hey look! Corn! Then a nude fat woman walks up with a jar of Crisco, a dog and a broken bottle. Another guy walks up with the leg of a guy you know who just went in. He thinks it's cool. He pummels you with it as a gag.

Wow, you hang out at some pretty fucked up bonfires... Where and when? I want to buy my plane tickets soon and make sure I get the time off of work. I guess mods really do know how to party!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

>I like hanging out at the DZ bonfires where mindless kid shit happens
>all the time like naked people falling into fires and golf carts driven by
>drunks go into ditches.

Eventually there wouldn't be that many people around the bonfire. Heck, the guy who owns the property might even make some loser rules like "no one can shit on the ground." Such is life.

DUDE!:o

How did you get into my head and find that memory?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun