Squeak

Vancouver

Although we've been to Vancouver a number of times, I can't think of any "must sees." Stanley Park is pretty, and wandering up and down Robson Street is fun. The Capilano suspension bridge is a fun little outing. Steamtown is funky, and the commercial district where the locals shop is kind of cool, sidewalk groceries and head shops and all. Vancouver is just cool in general, I think. Help me out, you Canucks.
:)

Walking the sea wall all the way around Stanley Park is nice and relaxing. Check out Granville Island if you like shopping. Gastown is nice too - it's the oldest commercial district in Vancouver and displays some beautiful Victorian architecture (good place for a few drinks). The suspension bridge at Lynn Canyon is really cool. The Aquarium is also very cool.

Butchart gardens

Except they are over on Vancouver Island, so it's at least a ferry ride away. But yes, the gardens are beautiful, and I'm not really a big garden guy. If you do go to Butchart Gardens, and I've been there maybe 5-6 times, go late in the day, maybe 2-3 hours before sundown. You'll miss the heat, miss the crowds, and see the gardens at their best. Then enjoy a free evening concert on the lawn. After dark, re-tour the gardens at night, with all the lights on. It's a whole new experience. Some nights even include a fireworks display over the lake.

Oh yeah, in Vancouver the Town, it's Gas Town, not Steam Town. I was thinking of the antique steam clock they have running there. Very Victorian.

The suspension bridge was good and scary. Could they have made it any wobblier?:D

Along with the previous suggestions...

Maritime Museum featuring the St. Roch.

Grouse Mountain Skyride for an unbelievable view of the city... especially now with all the snow.

Dinner at the top of Harbour Centre. (pricey, but again... the VIEW!)

Granville Island for the shopping, artisans, and micro-beweries.

The Planetarium (provided they're doing Pink Floyd which is customary over the holidays)

Vancouver Trolley Company: great little way to see the downtown sights.

Science World (awesome for kids, but even adults can have a hoot there)

Deeley Motorcycle Museum. The Canadian distributor for Harley and former factory racer built an awesome museum with over 250 bikes from the last 100 years, representing some 60 different brands.

That should keep you busy for 2 days.

John

Under no circumstances should you walk down east Hastings St Vancouver with your wife.
The place is wall to wall CRACKHEADS.
Damn that place was dodgy:S:S

Not a very healthy part of town at all:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?