BillyVance

Lake's taking over my backyard again

After heavy rains over Monday and Tuesday, the lake went from 2 feet below normal to nearly 3 feet over full level.

Pics - First one taken yesterday morning, second one yesterday afternoon and third one this morning. It's pretty much crested now. The dams are open up and down the river. This is not the worst we've had. The record was 7.5 feet over full level, which covered the entire flat and shallow slope areas of my backyard. I'm lucky I don't need flood insurance as my house's foundation sits above the top of the dam.

At least the 2 year drought is finally over, and I'm enjoying the increased traffic of white egrets, blue herons, canadian geese and ducks through my back yard. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You only need to look at MSNBC about what is going on in the Seattle area.. all the roads I usually take to work are under water.. so I am working from home. All that beutiful snow we had while Squeak was here has melted, the warm wet weather system off the Pacific dumped 13.5" of RAIN up at Stevens Pass... the net result of all that warm weather is the 3' of show I got at my house has all melted and in addition you have all the rain in the rivers too.. its our perfect storm for bad flooding in the valleys.. I will get some piccies

I bet the DZ at Snohomish will be under water again.

When I bought my house I made sure it was hundreds of feet above the local rivers... warm and dry here:)

That was a lot of rain, in addition to the snow melt. We got 8.5" of rain here which explains the lake rise. And yes, I did make sure I didn't need flood insurance before I would buy this house.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You need some dam beavers.:|

Used to have a giant one. 4 feet long from the buck teeth to the end of its rubber flat tail. Enjoyed watching him swim around and he even ventured into the back yard during the last flood. I've got video of him somewhere. Sadly he was killed in a hit and run trying to cross the road at the end of my property.

;) ya party at billy's!!

I'll bring the rafts and beer!

g

Sweet!! regular rafts or crazy fun animal ones?

Both! B|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Also, bring your golf balls and clubs. See if you can hit balls clear across the lake to the other side from a flat ledge near the front corner of my house. A friend and I did that one day. It was a blast. Once, he aimed for the metal paddle boat left over in one corner of the lake... WHACK....(ponk) "WOOOO!!!" :D

We could have drunken speed kayaking heats across the lake and back. I have two in the basement. Should be a hoot. :P

Looks like we're getting Billy on board for this!!! ;)

I like this raft...
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

OOO that looks perfect!!

billy I'll play :
We could have drunken speed kayaking heats across the lake and back. I have two in the basement. Should be a hoot.

but not at the same time as you launching golf balls
.... :D:D:D

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Also, bring your golf balls and clubs. See if you can hit balls clear across the lake to the other side from a flat ledge near the front corner of my house. A friend and I did that one day. It was a blast. Once, he aimed for the metal paddle boat left over in one corner of the lake... WHACK....(ponk) "WOOOO!!!" :D

I want to come and play in your back yard.....:D

There will be rafts, beer to drink,and a putting green..

I can bring sun screen and a smile...:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

OOO that looks perfect!!

billy I'll play :
We could have drunken speed kayaking heats across the lake and back. I have two in the basement. Should be a hoot.

but not at the same time as you launching golf balls
.... :D:D:D

That would make it more fun to try and hit the people in the kayaks...:D:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

YAY!! so no mention of a suit.... this is getting good
:):P
(I.C.D#2 VP)

I really doubt anyone would want to see me run around nakkid ....:P:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I really doubt anyone would want to see me run around nakkid ....:P:D

:D:D:D

and the flood gates of pm s to you just opened ;)
(I.C.D#2 VP)

Teeheee.... anyone else notice that only women have offered to come play in Billy's back yard! :o:ph34r:

g

No, I didn't notice that....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1