wildcard451

New Toys / Buyer's Remorse

I bought one of those air hog remote controlled helicopters once, you know, the little Styrofoam ones from Walmart for $30. it was fun for about three minutes then remorse kicked in. what else could I have bought with $30 that would be much more purposeful? it started to spin uncontrollably at about minute seven and I returned it for a full refund and bought groceries, felt much better about the whole ordeal afterwords.

Holy crap... you just jumped right in with that purchase! I've been shooting stills for over 2 years and building my collection of toys slowly. Just got a new camera and just mounted it to my camera helmet a few minutes ago. Now of course I need a new camera helmet because mine's not good enough, new software to deal with the HUGE files, a new hard drive, more fast memory cards, preferably a new computer (not happening any time soon), new quick releases, a tripod for ground use, etc, etc, etc.

Nice thing is that I really haven't bought anything that I later thought was a mistake. Just need to win the lottery so I can get the rest of the things I need...

Dave

I'm torn here at what to say.

On the one hand - you deserve to have something for all the hours, pain and sacrifice.....

But (Mom talk coming) don't be spending it like a fool. Yes, you'll be making a bit in just a short time. But how much is your student loans? And malpractice insurance isn't cheap! (trust me on that one)

Holy crap... you just jumped right in with that purchase! I've been shooting stills for over 2 years and building my collection of toys slowly. Just got a new camera and just mounted it to my camera helmet a few minutes ago. Now of course I need a new camera helmet because mine's not good enough, new software to deal with the HUGE files, a new hard drive, more fast memory cards, preferably a new computer (not happening any time soon), new quick releases, a tripod for ground use, etc, etc, etc.

Nice thing is that I really haven't bought anything that I later thought was a mistake. Just need to win the lottery so I can get the rest of the things I need...

Dave

I've had a D70 for a while with the kit lens and a cheapo zoom, and have been shooting video for about 3-4 years now. The only problem is that I have not been able to use a remote release with the D70 and mount it on my head.
I wanted a new one, and took this chance to get a nice one, and some good glass. I am going to be building my quality glass collection from this point on, for both in air and ground shooting.
I wanted the D300, however that is just one HEAVY piece of work, and the image processor is the same in the D90, so I'm just losing the extra AF and the faster FPS.

Not my first setup, just moving up in what I want.

Next in line I want the D3x. (in my fucking dreams)

I'm torn here at what to say.

On the one hand - you deserve to have something for all the hours, pain and sacrifice.....

But (Mom talk coming) don't be spending it like a fool. Yes, you'll be making a bit in just a short time. But how much is your student loans? And malpractice insurance isn't cheap! (trust me on that one)

This, I know. I happened to run a few extra shifts to cover this. I haven't been jumping at all over the winter. Just a treat to myself.

I never spend money that I don't have. Don't believe in it.

This, I know. I happened to run a few extra shifts to cover this. I haven't been jumping at all over the winter. Just a treat to myself.

Then don't remorse.

Just enjoy!! B|

And a camera like that could be used for many other uses as well!! (Like taking pictures of cool pathology) :o:)

Then don't remorse.

Just enjoy!! B|

And a camera like that could be used for many other uses as well!! (Like taking pictures of cool pathology) :o:)

It will be joining me in my car when I am in the hospital. I will be keeping logs.