Nickel

Sabre with a Stilletto Warning label

Hello,

I have recently ran into a canopy (sabre) that has a stilletto warning label. (Meaning the warning label says it is a Stilletto).
I have contacted PD and left a message. I gave them the canopy's serial nummber and I await a reply.

Has anyone heard of this before? A manufactures defect?

Thank you.
C.

PD Sabre 120 DOM 4/97 has a stiletto serial number, ST120-R00017. (Don't know where the "R" came from -- must be a typo in my records!) PISA Tempo 170 160080 DOM 5/96 has a data panel that misidentifies it as a 150. Stuff happens; there is noise in even the best qc system.

Mark

If you want to know for sure, hang the canopy up and then take a look at it. If it's a Sabre, it'll be square.

If it's a Stiletto, you'll be able to see the taper.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

"skydiving is a dangerous sport which may cause cause erious injury or death"

No kidding :D:D

Where? I have one of my own, and a customers sport and tandem rig here for a repack.

Edit: The customer rigs were built in La Selva Beach, not Aptos or Marina, so the labels don't have that typo. Where were the Eclipses made that have that error?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Thats interesting.

One technique people use to make identify an unairworthy canopy is to remove the warning label at the end of its lifespan. I wonder if this has happened to this one, and somebody has tried to sew on a replacement label so they could sell it.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Hello,

I have recently ran into a canopy (sabre) that has a stilletto warning label. (Meaning the warning label says it is a Stilletto).
I have contacted PD and left a message. I gave them the canopy's serial nummber and I await a reply.

Has anyone heard of this before? A manufactures defect?

Thank you.
C.

Look closely, around the label to see if, there might be 'old' stitch holes. This could tell you if, the original label was removed and this label sewn-on. Labels on the end-cells should immediately, tell you what the parachute is... unless, they've been removed. I'd wait until you hear back from PD. Let us know the out-come.

Chuck