SimpleJack

Tom Leykis goes off the air today

[:/]
I am really disappointed to hear that Tom Leykis is going off the air today, along with Adam Corolla and the other 97.1FM talkshow personalities.

This is due to the bad economy. The station is switching formats and will be broadcasting AMP Radio, which will be nothing but Top40 crap. There will be no on-air personalities.

I’ve been listening to Tom everyday for over a year and he has been a huge inspiration in my life. I am truly sad to see him go off the air. He was like a father. I wish him nothing but the best in life. I am so sad to see him go.

Today will be his last broadcast from 3-5pm, If you don’t live in L.A., you can listen on the internet feed at

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/

yah, this is sad news. i used to listen to both Adam Corolla and Tom Leykis when i lived/worked in LA. both were great shows.

Yes, i'm a chick who loves Tom Leykis's radio show...i know, it's weird, but i would guess i'm not typical, heh.

[:/]

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

This is my all time favorite segment. Every young guy should listen to this.

Listen all the way through. It’s about 7min. It really hits home especially toward the end.

This is pure genius. It really opened my eyes about the opposite sex. I was carrying a lot of resentment towards women, but after listening to this, it completely changed my outlook for the better.

WHY NICE GUYS DON’T GET LAID
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzMrUc6e204&fmt=18

If you buy what Tom Leykis is shoveling then professional wrestling must really get you worked up.;) It's just phony schtick that sells, or sold, millions in advertising and now that the USA is in the crapper, it doesn't. Leykis failed at several other radio formats before scoring with his "He Man Woman Haters Club" bit.:S:S

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

lots of people fail at many things before they make it big with something. that is how you become successful, you keep trying things until something works. so you don't like him. lots of people do. he's not gone, nor is adam carolla. someone will hire them.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

There are cynics, and there are people who appear to be cynical.
It is hard to tell the difference. Sometimes, it is just an easy job.

Cynics are right, part of the time. That pisses some people
off because they don't want to concede even a part.

Hard core cynics believe they are right all of the time, so they
expand their generalizations to include all the population.
That pisses off the realists, because they accept that though
there are destructive portions of any population, but it is not
true for all.

The biggest problem is that people are selfish, lazy, and dishonest too much of the time.
They take the easy route to their goals - and that makes
the cynics right too much of the time.
That is too bad.

Most people are secret realists. Even though Leykis is primarily a jerk-for-hire
shock-jock, everyone secretly knows an individual just
like what he describes, and that is disappointing.

And he was GREAT at it. Anybody without a stick up their ass could enjoy it for what it was. Entertainment. :)

Oh, I've listened to Leykis quite a bit and really enjoyed the show but only from the standpoint of it being a work.:D:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Tom Leykis is a fucking pig. I've heard just enough of his shit to excercise my consumer's freedom of choice and not listen to him for years. But I'm still glad to hear he's gone. The poor fucker will have to get a real job now.

I hope he has to work for a woman too.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

The poor fucker will have to get a real job now.

Well, actually the radio station 97.1 still has to pay him through 2012.

His contract basically has a “no-cut” clause. They can’t buy him out of his contract. The only way I could see him not getting paid is if the radio station goes bankrupt (which is a possibility) The new format “AMP Radio” is garbage.

Basically, he can sit at home and collect his paycheck for doing nothing.

That’s great for him, bad for us. He won’t have any incentive to work until his contract is up.

And he was GREAT at it. Anybody without a stick up their ass could enjoy it for what it was. Entertainment. :)

Kinda like Rush Limbaugh. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.