bluerosie

Thank god for anger management classes!

Good news! Chris Brown's issues have all been fixed and he and Rihanna are reunited!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262240,00.html

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/02/chris-brown-att.html

Plus, let's not forget, she can be "a diva", so hopefully she's getting some counseling as well so she can stop causing him to get so angry.

:S

Just last night I was watching an episode of Penn & Teller's "Bullshit!" show.
The topic: Anger Management.

You can imagine their take on it, but what was really interesting was evidence the "venting" taught by some classes, actually makes people more aggressive.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anger management is a popular idea these days. Take a few classes and the problem is solved. The courts sentence people to it. The schools teach it. Juvenile detention facilities use it.

The million dollar question is, does it work? There is little research out there to support it.

I truly believe that not all anger management is B.S. though. It does help some people. One has to be committed to change if it is going to help. Many people want to control their anger when they are calm. They may know all the latest techniques forward and backward. Then when they go into a fit of rage they use none of it.

I know some of it would work, if people would just do it. Some techniques are better than others. I've taught this stuff for years. I have trouble using it myself, when I am truly angry....

Anger management is a popular idea these days. Take a few classes and the problem is solved. The courts sentence people to it. The schools teach it. Juvenile detention facilities use it.

The million dollar question is, does it work? There is little research out there to support it.

I truly believe that not all anger management is B.S. though. It does help some people. One has to be committed to change if it is going to help. Many people want to control their anger when they are calm. They may know all the latest techniques forward and backward. Then when they go into a fit of rage they use none of it.

I know some of it would work, if people would just do it. Some techniques are better than others. I've taught this stuff for years. I have trouble using it myself, when I am truly angry....

Just like any type of classes, if the person doesn't want to be there and doesnt think they have an issue or problem it wont work. Just because a judge orders them to go and they do does not mean they learned anything. I do think there are those who have had some positive outcomes but few and far between.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

reply]

Just because a judge orders them to go and they do does not mean they learned anything.reply]

I agree. Sometimes the courts will sentence some real violent types to this kind of treatment, and then they will feel good about it....As if the problem is solved, when in reality a time bomb is still cooking. Take for example someone who is beating the hell out of their wife. Are a few weeks or even months of anger management classes really going to make any difference? The outcome can be a disaster.....

Don't make me go Happy Gilmore all over your face! >:(;)

"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I feel pretty...

If someone pisses you off that bad, and you are just
dating.... Ka-chingggg...

Let's face it. This is a bad start.

People always say that the most basic premise of a
relationship is that you like the personality of the
person. Otherwise, you don't really like them.
This is obviously not happening if a robust shaking
is part of the communication skills.