syntax

removing cypres

Hi All, My cypres is due for service and in was told that i could easily pop it out and send it to the dealer.Does anyone have any tips for this so i dont get too scared staring into my open reserve container! Its a dolphin if that makes any difference. Thanks.
------------------------------------skydiving...the grounds the limit!

There's really nothing to tell ya. Pull your reserve handle and take the thing out. it's just not that complicated. just make sure to take care of your reserve when it's out. don't abuse it or let it lay in the sun(even in your house)...best to bag it up and take it to your rigger if your gonna jump while your rig is getting maintenance.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Be careful with the wires and do not just pull the cutter out by the wires, feed the cutter out of the elastic sleeve carefully. It's easy to remove, but you have to be careful you wouldn't want to damage it before you shipped it off.
Fly it like you stole it!

Taking the Cypres out is easy, and there's no reason to involve a rigger unless you also need the repack. If you do need the repack though, just let your rigger do it but make sure to "supervise" so you learn something.

Download the Cypres manual from airtec's website: www.cypres.cc. The Riggers manual is here: http://www.cypres.cc/Downloads/6_3_1/CYPRES%20Riggers%20Guide%20English.pdf.

There is no reason to disattach the cutter. Carefully feed the cutter through the channels to remove it. Avoid kinking the cable.

As for it being a "high value item", so are digital cameras, but we don't tell people to leave it up to the photolab to remove a CF card. Cypres's are well built and no more fragile than any other piece of electronics. Be smart, be careful, and learn something by doing it yourself.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Taking the Cypres out is easy, and there's no reason to involve a rigger unless you also need the repack.

So... uh... if you don't need a repack, and you open your reserve container to remove the Cypres, you are now in need of a repack and require a rigger, no?
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I can think of two examples why some people don't get a repack until their Cypres comes back from servicing.

One, many people service their AAD's during off-season downtime.

Two, some people choose to not jump without an AAD, and either rent or borrow gear while their AAD is in for service.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I can think of two examples why some people don't get a repack until their Cypres comes back from servicing.

One, many people service their AAD's during off-season downtime.

Two, some people choose to not jump without an AAD, and either rent or borrow gear while their AAD is in for service.

_Am

He is going to need a rigger to put it back in, why not give the rig to a rigger and let him handle it. That is why they get the big bucks.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals