Nataly

Is it different when it's your kids??

it is - just look at any DZ.

Bitch bitch bitch about the kids, and the second they have their own, bing - complete reversal - building swing sets, asking about better food in the cafe, etc.

it's the best and biggest hypocrisy in the sport

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I especially have a problem being around the kid when hes at the age where he thinks he knows everything.

what, about 50 jumps and 25 years old or so?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

When I hear ass whuppin, give then somthing to cry about that that'll straighten them up quickly....

To me that is a beating.:S

Sounds like you're having problems with terminology.

You and the fixfly have no idea what it is like to live in a state of fear as a child who gets so called "ass whuppinS" or "given something to cry about."

Assumptions can get you in trouble...maybe even a "spanking".

Did you grow up in fear?
Why?
[I]I grew up with a father who used fear me methoid. I was not physically abussed. I received verbal abuse and feared my father. No child should fear a parent. Fear is not respect and some parents confuse the two. Parents are supposed to protect, nuture, love, and support there children. My dad was and is a very angry man. My sister and I watched him abused my mom physically and emotionally.
I have adopted my brother and fought for him so he would have a chance in life. The hell he went thru in the first 3.5 yrs of is life no child should ever ever go thru-.
I try very hard to follow the no spanking rule. A child who was is abused has so many issues and it can take a life time for them to over come them. So maybe I am a bit more sensitive with certain issues then others. Parents need to think twice as to why they are spanking. Is it a reason that the child really did something to desearve it, or is it out of their own frustration and they don't know how to do anything else?
-getting whupped for no apparent reason?

-getting whupped when you screwed up?

Knowing you're gonna get whupped if you cross the line is quite different than getting it for no apparent reason.

[I]That is true but some parents have no clue that they cross that line between spankings and beatings.

BTW..."wussification" is a great word!

"Waaaaa, Waaaaa! Coach called me a wuss, Mama."
(There's a true story about this.)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

...I received verbal abuse and feared my father. No child should fear a parent. Fear is not respect and some parents confuse the two.
... some parents have no clue that they cross that line between spankings and beatings.

Very, very, very true. And those parents should not be surprised when the child grows up and leaves home, and never again wants any contact with the parents.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Much respect for fighting for custody of your brother and taking care of him.

So maybe I am a bit more sensitive with certain issues then others.

I think you are correct with this statement.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

.....and the wussification of the next generation continues... good luck with the brats...

Not wussification!

Children should not live in fear of getting beat because they make a mistake or they have not learned to communicate properly. Hell, most adults still have not figured out proper communication skills at 30. Should they get beaten for being dumb asses?:S

Who said anything about beating a kid?:S Just cause you dont like how others rase there kid's dosent mean you need to twist word's to get your point across.

You apparently missed this post:[B]A whole thread full of sage advice, and yet no mention of a good old fashioned ass whuppin'. You people are leaving out an important part of early childhood development. Give 'em something to cry about, & they'll straighten up pretty quick[/B]

When I hear ass whuppin, give then somthing to cry about that that'll straighten them up quickly....

To me that is a beating.:S

So don't jump up my ass because another poster phrased something that he wants us to read as beatings..

Do I think children should be spanked, as a last resort, yes.

Have I spanked my child, yes

Get to the root of the problem and take the time that is need to correct it so it doesn't continue.

Unlike most parents. I had to earn my right to be a parent by hours of training. I went thru- many hrs of training to qualify to give a child an environment he would feel safe in. You and the fixfly have no idea what it is like to live in a state of fear as a child who gets so called "ass whuppinS" or "given something to cry about."

Why don't you think before you post or just go back to SC ....:S

:D Thats some funny shit! First i didnt miss any posting. As a matter of fact the person that said that was replying to my post. 2nd ass wuppin is not beating! I have had my ass beatin and it was not a spankin:S. 3rd I grew up in a house that whoopin's were a part of life if i did things wrong and wouldnt correct what i was doing by my parrents talking to me. So dont tell me i dont know what its like. Also i adopted my oldest child so i know what its like to go through the state BS to adopt!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

No child should fear a parent. Fear is not respect and some parents confuse the two.

Bravo!

My mom had a wooden spoon and my dad had a belt. Both were applied to me and my brother on an as needed basis. I still ended up pregnant at 18 and my brother dropped out of high school and was kicked out of the Navy for drug use before he was 21.

I stopped smacking my kid when he was 2. He's now 25. Graduated from high school with his class, currently taking a couple college classes each year, doesn't drink much, doesn't do drugs, doesn't get into fights and never has, has held the same job for the past 4 years.

Only my experience, but the results that I got not using physical discipline seem preferable to the results my parents got using it.

No child should fear a parent. Fear is not respect and some parents confuse the two.

Bravo!

My mom had a wooden spoon and my dad had a belt. Both were applied to me and my brother on an as needed basis. I still ended up pregnant at 18 and my brother dropped out of high school and was kicked out of the Navy for drug use before he was 21.

I stopped smacking my kid when he was 2. He's now 25. Graduated from high school with his class, currently taking a couple college classes each year, doesn't drink much, doesn't do drugs, doesn't get into fights and never has, has held the same job for the past 4 years.

Only my experience, but the results that I got not using physical discipline seem preferable to the results my parents got using it.

He turned out the way he did because you did a wonderful job with him. :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

What you say about tantrums is so true. The other day I was grocery shopping with my kids. My daughter started to pitch a fit over me not wanting to buy some crap food, so I just picked her up and started walking out of the store with her. It is amazing how quickly that worked. She stopped the fake tears almost instantaniouslly, and I was able to finish shopping.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192