shah269

Wow this is really a small community hu?

i could quickly be cleaned up since i would be in a one piece "case".
What a smart ass hu!

Nope...:)

~that's actually why skydiving jumpsuits have 'handles' on the arms & legs... to make removal of the body quick & easy...B|

Nothing worse that missing a load because the dz staff has to use a stick & a spoon to get some mushy guy into a bucket, off the landing area. B|:ph34r:

But you have to admit, flying in black leather.....kind of kinky!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Congrats!!! B|

g

For what? Being judgmental?

Pot... kettle.... :P

Don't make me bitchslap you Turtle!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Congrats!!! B|

g

For what? Being judgmental?

Pot... kettle.... :P

Don't make me bitchslap you Turtle!

g

Tease - don't make me take Steve's bike around the neighborhood again!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

AH OK! So though in my moto world 1kg is nothing, that pesky V^2 for this sport is a real serious issue!
And though the lids are rated for crash speeds of about 140mph you guys really don't need that kind of protection.

As for the pants, one of the guys in the moto forum suggested that if i'm going to pick up this hobby and still ride I should get this
http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/leather_racing_suits/alpinestars/charger_leather_one_piece_motorcycle_suit.html
one piece suit and maybe figure out how to attach "wings" under the arms and legs. So I can ride to the DZ, get off the bike, say hi, and jump!
His idea was that if things went wrong, i could quickly be cleaned up since i would be in a zip lock bag.
What a smart ass hu!

haha... Ok, just for the hell of it, I have to reply to this. :D Firstly and sincerly, congratulations on making your first tandem.

Moto helmets are rated rated for specific impact resistance not a 140 mile per hour impact.

An Alpinestar racing suit would really suck to skydive in. The speed hump on that particular model would cause a fitting problem for the rig. Raising your arms to reach the toggles would be almost impossible too.

You'd over heat in that thing waiting around and riding in the plane.

He is right though, your liquified body would be contained rather well if you landed at 120 mph. Your head would be fine though since the helmet is rated for 140.

It would be great for a picture but not much more. You can skydive in shorts and a t-shirt and not be a squid so chances are you'll get away with something much lighter B|

Ok no more serious replies from me :P
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Cool thanks!
But I don't think that suit would hold your juices.
That was perforated leather. More for touring than crashing really.
And the guy was being a smart ass when he suggested it. Though the though of looking like a flying Power Ranger would be kind of cool!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Cool thanks!
And the guy was being a smart ass when he suggested it. Though the though of looking like a flying Power Ranger would be kind of cool!

I am thinking, based on empirical evidence that you are going to need a pretty big jumpsuit to slow you down... I might suggest a heavy weight material that causes a lot of drag to slow you down in freefall.

Oh and back in the day.. many of us wore motorcyle helmets.... I will bet that you will have brisk openings because you will be falling at a pretty good rate... faster than normal opening speeds

DO NOT wear a heavy motorcycle helmet.

Cool thanks!

I am thinking, based on empirical evidence that you are going to need a pretty big jumpsuit to slow you down... I might suggest a heavy weight material that causes a lot of drag to slow you down in freefall.

Oh and back in the day.. many of us wore motorcyle helmets.... I will bet that you will have brisk openings because you will be falling at a pretty good rate... faster than normal opening speeds

DO NOT wear a heavy motorcycle helmet.

Yeah...get a thin, tight, light weight SKYDIVING helmet - that you can mount 20 pounds of cameras on! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think my friend was saying turn the racing suit into a wing suit via a few zippers and material.
Again, he was being a smart ass!

You know it's so funny.
In the riding world, we have this saying ATGATT
All
the
Gear
All
The
Time

And by gear i mean protective equipment, helmet, boots, gloves, pants and jacket.
But this....this community, this sport is so different. I couldn't immagine riding with out my gear. It focuses you, it gets you into the right frame of thought and protects you from what may come. But for you guys, it's goggles and pack and a pair of half decent shoes.

It will take me a little bit of time to process all of the data.

Maybe being such a small community isn't that bad.

I think my friend was saying turn the racing suit into a wing suit via a few zippers and material.
Again, he was being a smart ass!

You know it's so funny.
In the riding world, we have this saying ATGATT
All
the
Gear
All
The
Time

And by gear i mean protective equipment, helmet, boots, gloves, pants and jacket.
But this....this community, this sport is so different. I couldn't immagine riding with out my gear. It focuses you, it gets you into the right frame of thought and protects you from what may come. But for you guys, it's goggles and pack and a pair of half decent shoes.

It will take me a little bit of time to process all of the data.

We just call those guys Gear Fags.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nah, this ain't so small of a community, now BASE on the other hand is a whole different story...

You been BASE jumping a lot lately Sangi ? Or perhaps hanging around BASE jumpers? Or are you just referring to the shiny welcome mat you get everytime you post on basejumper.com ?

It focuses you, it gets you into the right frame of thought and protects you from what may come

That whole imminent death thing if I don't do things right keeps me focused. Your jumpsuit, helmet and shoes aren't really going to protect you that much, so it's more important that they're all matchy-matchy so you look cute when you're geeking the camera. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We just call those guys Gear Fags.

Did someone say FAG?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

yup. ... just last night, I was watching tv, fast forwarding through commercials, and cought a fraction of a second glimps of a tandem in airplane. stopped the video, thinking, "now that person/jump suite looked familiar" sure enough, it was a ti/rigger that I know.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

That whole imminent death thing if I don't do things right keeps me focused. Your jumpsuit, helmet and shoes aren't really going to protect you that much, so it's more important that they're all matchy-matchy so you look cute when you're geeking the camera. ;)

I like the way you think!
And in such a small community....well one must look good ;)
Ah hell! I just want to fly. Looking good is nice and all but there aren't any soccer moms up there to impress. So I just want to breath.

Um, honey, I doubt you would impress a soccer mom or any other woman with 1/2 a brain....the more you talk, the less attractive you are. And you didn't look so great to begin with.;):D

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Um, honey, I doubt you would impress a soccer mom or any other woman with 1/2 a brain....the more you talk, the less attractive you are. And you didn't look so great to begin with.;):D
!

Don't be hating! Nothing gets a bored soccer mom in a gourmet grocery store more interested then a guy wearing his gear, smelling of the open road, carrying his lid and buying fresh salmon, scallops and bacon.......OK maybe they are just interested in the bacon. ;)

everybody knows skydiving is all about looking good... that is why I excel at it

Big pinping?
http://media02.liquidblue.com/upload/upload_approved/1139884478_eneezfreestyle002.jpg
:P

!

Don't be hating! Nothing gets a bored soccer mom in a gourmet grocery store more interested then a guy wearing his gear, smelling of the open road, carrying his lid .... ;)

Yeah right...until they see your on a JAP BIKE!! :D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yeah right...until they see your on a JAP BIKE!! :D:D:D

Ha ha!
Actually Hogs aren't all that and a bag of chips.
Some women love them and some women love the bikes that are wrapped in plastic. Just depends on the type of girl and usually her age. Younger girls in their 20's it's 50/50, older women in their 50's it's more V-twin love. But that aside all seem to love red Italian models regardless of age or social background. And most actually seem to be attracted to guys who wear their gear. Perhaps because it kind of sort of reminds them of a uniform?

Ok back on topic, small community questions.....grass stains on ones bum....how does one go about cleaning it?