boinky

How Often Does THIS Happen?

As I'm sure many of you will recall, I ran the "stop and smell the roses" contest, urging you to stop and take a moment to view something that you might otherwise walk right on by.

I had one of those moments on Sunday. It had rained hard for just a few minutes. Then it went to a tiny drizzle. I looked out the window of the restaurant and saw a rainbow. I ran out to my truck and grabbed my camera out of my purse. :$

At first, it was only a single rainbow. Then a fainter second rainbow appeared. How often does that happen? :o
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Cool - never seen that ... and the colours are the other way around.... where's the Prof K to explain that?

(holds up right hand) :)

I swear to you that I didn't alter or photoshop the photos. That's exactly as they were! :)
Nina

P.S don't leave your purse in the car [/Parent type voice]

LOL! Yes, Daddy! :D Actually, I was at a Dairy Queen and the entire place is covered in big plate glass windows. The truck was parked within my sight and locked. :)
Nina

My very favorite rainbow was when I was under canopy near a cloud. I was between the sun and the cloud. I could see my shadow on the cloud surrounded by a complete circular rainbow. A moment to remember!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Hi boink,
Some years ago now, at Scare-us-valley, rain to the east of the DZ, sun to the west, a bunch of jumpers open up, and from our perspective, yup there was the rainbow and someone took the photo of the jumper under canopy passing thru the rainbow. I saw it so did others. I wonder if the photo is still in the Bombshelter!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Occasionally, you'll see a full circular rainbow on a cloud when you're skydiving above it ... It's called a Bracken Spectre (or something like that).

Yep! That is a rare thing. I've been lucky enough to see two of em.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

At first, it was only a single rainbow. Then a fainter second rainbow appeared. How often does that happen?

Loads. I think I've seen more double rainbows than single ones - quite surprised people are saying they've never seen one before!

They still look nice though.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

As I'm sure many of you will recall, I ran the "stop and smell the roses" contest, urging you to stop and take a moment to view something that you might otherwise walk right on by.

I had one of those moments on Sunday. It had rained hard for just a few minutes. Then it went to a tiny drizzle. I looked out the window of the restaurant and saw a rainbow. I ran out to my truck and grabbed my camera out of my purse. :$

At first, it was only a single rainbow. Then a fainter second rainbow appeared. How often does that happen? :o

They happen here in the Pacific NorthWET all the time..:)

Pacific NorthWET

LOL! :D Maybe that's where I went wrong in my initial posting. I should've mentioned that I live in Texas and rain isn't a very common thing during the summer. ;)
Nina

Pacific NorthWET

LOL! :D Maybe that's where I went wrong in my initial posting. I should've mentioned that I live in Texas and rain isn't a very common thing during the summer. ;)

We are still in the rainy season..... although we do have a few nice days before the 4th of July.. when the rain magically stops for a couple months... after that its usually pretty sunny until Labor Day.. then its back to the rainy season

Yep, just had that happen over my house a few days ago. Got a pic of it too. Too lazy to put it up now. It was the first one that Sami really got to see too, and she was excited. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban