Mostly_Harmless

Maintenance on a Vector 3?

I am currently jumping a used Vector 3 container. I am just curious about the maintenance on the cutway cables and housings. How often are you suppose to clean them and what are you suppose to use for lubing the cables? Any help would be appeciated.

monthly is the recomendation, and use DRY silocone spray to lube the cables, spray it on a clean cloth and wipe them down.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Use KY or Astroglide... PSYCHE!!!! Just kidding use the teflon spray, and clean them about once a month. If you live in a desert enviroment, clean them even more. You don't need to have them dripping wet with lube. Wipe them down untill they are clean and dry. Clean them as if you were cleaning a gun.

Hello!

So guys and girls.. Be honest.. Not only Wonderhog jumpers..

How many of you really clean the cables once a month? Or do it at all?! Or do you let your riggers do it? Every six months?

I've had my Vector 3 (used) for 4-5 months now... and haven't cleaned the cables.. and of course not applied any silicone/teflon on them... hmmmm?! :S

importantly donot hang your vector 3 on a gear rack. the riser covers will open all the time. store it on a shelf with the chest strapdown and the shoulder straps in place as if they were on you. since i started doing this mine have stayed in place but before they were shockers.

just my$0.02
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix