FallingOsh

Fall rate and Jumpsuits

I have a very fast fall rate which is making it very hard for me to hit more than like 2 points. I come to the formation fine, dock fine, get maybe one turn and then sink. The rest of the guys come down to me and we do the same thing all over again. My roommate says its cause I'm dense, but screw him. I've tried several different jump suits, no jump suit, getting big, hugging the beach ball...etc etc. Would a suit with swoop cords help this? Can you have cords installed easily or is that part of a custom order.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Ah, heard this one before, infact this is nearly word for word with what I was saying to an instructor a few years ago. Firstly, instead of thinking "hugging a beachball" think of a cat, how the cat de-arches its spine. That's a more efficent body position. Some good coaching would sort that one out.

As for a jumpsuit, yes, dress for success, but if the only problem you're having is sinking while turning points it sounds like one of a couple of things. You're not anticipating the fall rate change in between the points or you're on the edge of your range for fall rate. I'm a lead filled safe when it comes to fall rate, so right before grips are broken to turn points I have to give a good solid pop-up to stay on level between points. Just something I've learned over the past few years.

As for is it you or your jumpsuit, you really should hook up with a well qualified coach to determine what exactly needs to take place to fix your problem. Good luck!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

As a fellow "lead filled safe" (Nice term, Dave! :P ) I know your pain!

I'm looking at various jumpsuit options myself. I've got it narrowed down to Flite Suit and Bev Suit. I've spoken to reps for Flite Suit but haven't gotten an answer back from Bev Suits yet.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I also am a safe headed at the ground around the speed of sound (is this starting to sound like a "AA" meeting or what). Are you dropping out while you are turning? If so, its probably that you are speeding up you fallrate (not flying as big) during your turn. If you are that close to the limits of you fallrate maybe your friends might try putting on a little lead?:) On the 4-way team I jump on I used to have to wear like 16 pounds (and at the time I weighed 210). It sucked to have to wear weights but its what we needed to have the fallrate the same.

I'm looking at various jumpsuit options myself. I've got it narrowed down to Flite Suit and Bev Suit. I've spoken to reps for Flite Suit but haven't gotten an answer back from Bev Suits yet.

I just got a Bev Suit. It is my slow suit for doing aff and it is the bomb!!!!!

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

Don't buy Tony suit; over priced, poor quality, lousy service, arrogant owner.

The only suits I've ever had (2) were Tony, they called me up to confirm my weight/dimensions/fall rate target before starting, and I've never had anything need to be fixed.

The really heavy fabric, with double layer arms and legs will help a lot, and yes, the swoop cords can help, but you're better off to achieve your fall rate without it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Wow. Tell us what you really think! Be honest! ;)

For the record, the first time I was ever truely happy with a jumpsuit was when I bought my first TonySuit. One WendySuit and 2 Merlin suits paled in comparison to my Tony Suit.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I have a very fast fall rate which is making it very hard for me to hit more than like 2 points.

Based on your WL it looks like yu weigh 200 out the door. Assuming you are a semi normal height (5'8" plus) I don't think your weight or build is the problem. It's probibly mor a body position issue whihc is common at your jump numbers.

Sooo, what is your height and weight?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Wow...I guess everyone has a different experience...lemme tell you mine. i got stupid last year and did my own measuring...needless to say the suit didn't come close to fitting me. I figured I was screwed since I'd measured it myself. Long story short, Tony replaced it at no charge!

That's what I call service. My second Tony suit and I've never had a complaint.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

More importanly than mfg is the material the suit is made from. I used to have the same problem during bigways wearing a competition suit and it went away when I switched to poly cotton.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

This is the first bad thing I have heard about Tony Suits. I've known many happy owners.

Having said that, IMO the most impressive, highest quality suit that I've com across is Ouragan. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT SELL JUMPSUITS!!!

For Great Deals on Gear

I've never heard anything bad about Tony Suits either. I'm 5'11, 175 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes... I'm trying two suits this weekend, a Bev Suit and a Tony Suit. They both have swoop cords, but I definitely plan on jumping without them some to learn on my own rather than depend on equipment. I've also heard booties are like adding power steering. Any thoughts on that?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.