cocheese

Question for cops

How do you keep from losing your cool when you are off duty and you see people on the road that need to be taught a lesson?

I'm guessing it's the paperwork involved.

Or the phone call to his friends on duty, and the writing down of the license plate number?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

How do you keep from losing your cool when you are off duty and you see people on the road that need to be taught a lesson?

I'm guessing it's the paperwork involved.

Or the phone call to his friends on duty, and the writing down of the license plate number?

Those are things that pretty much anybody can do. My further guess is the cop realizes how pointless either of those actions are unless they're really serious situations. I don't think there's much they can do about the average idiots out there as long as they're out of uniform.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

or is it the fact that it is the off-duty cops that need to be taught said lesson? :S:P

By God, that was a PBA plaque in that car weaving through traffic like a nut! :o
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

That new blue light that they are using I think is the really beautiful. Especially when the cop has pulled someone ELSE over.:)
The comedian Gallager had an idea that had a lot of merit. Along with your yearly registration, you would get a paint ball gun with 5 shots in it. If you saw someone being an idiot on the road, you pop hin with a paint ball. When a cop sees a car with 8 paint balls on it, he knows that the driver is too stupid not to get a ticket.
There might be some trouble working out the details but the concept I like.

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?