Sik

Move to Florida or stay in Tx

So I live in Texas as of now in the Army, I'am about to get out of the Army here withing the next 6 months or so... I'm debating what to do, I really like Texas and I enjoyed living in Florida in the past.

My two major deciding factors on the move are, Skydiving and Surfing... (of course real estate prices and jobs) lol... Currently Im in Killeen Tx, there is Skydive Temple close by but ehhh no beaches.. for that matter Texas in general does not have any good beaches to surf to my knowledge.

I was considering around Titusville Fl. as Skydive Space Center is right there with 18k jump alt... cant beat that and Cocoa beach, satellite beach etc are close by with good surfing.

So0o0, any recomendations on locations to move to that have a good DZ and surf spot close by would be much appreciated.

there is no good surf in florida, if you want surfing and skydiving go to cali, you have:
SD Elsinore
SD San Diego
SD Perris
SD Monterey
SD Lodi
SD ...

so many and all are very close to the beach. take a look at that, unless you are heart set on moving to florida then whatever, good luck.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

So I live in Texas as of now in the Army, I'am about to get out of the Army here withing the next 6 months or so... I'm debating what to do, I really like Texas and I enjoyed living in Florida in the past.

My two major deciding factors on the move are, Skydiving and Surfing... (of course real estate prices and jobs) lol... Currently Im in Killeen Tx, there is Skydive Temple close by but ehhh no beaches.. for that matter Texas in general does not have any good beaches to surf to my knowledge.

I was considering around Titusville Fl. as Skydive Space Center is right there with 18k jump alt... cant beat that and Cocoa beach, satellite beach etc are close by with good surfing.

So0o0, any recomendations on locations to move to that have a good DZ and surf spot close by would be much appreciated.

MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!!!! Trust me... I lived in FL on the space coast (Melbourne) for five years while I went to school and for a little while after graduation, and I loved every minute of it. I didn't want to move, but I got a job offer in Houston I couldn't refuse, so here I am in Houston and I am abso-friggin-loutely MISERABLE. I am originally from NJ born and raised before college, but I seriously am so in love with FL that as soon as I can get back there I am settling down and buying a house (if I can find a job in my field), even though all of my family is in NJ. Some of the things I miss most are the skydiving and surfing, and that happens to be part of the things your debating on moving there. Trust me, the surf at Sebastian Inlet or Ponce Inlet is pretty good. There are great dropzones EVERYWHERE, you have the tunnel, the space shuttle takes off in your backyard, you can wake up in the morning and surf and fish on the beach, and I miss the food and laid back atmosphere. If you like that kind of stuff, you can't go wrong on the space coast in FL!! B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Thanks for all the input. I think Im going to have to agree with Ashley as I picked that area of Fl as a great place, good surf all along Space Coast and DZ's everywhere.....

Cali is to expensive thats why I have not considered there. Plus the states economy right now is a disaster. Only thing Texas has going in some good DZ's their coast line sucks..

So Space Coast FL sounds like a winner, unless anyone has some downsides about it they would like to mention

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who started surfing in Texas in the mid 60's .... I can tell you that you made the right decision. Texas DOES sometimes have decent surf, if you live down at South Padre, or in the Corpus area at times, but not nearly as consistent as east coast (I've also spent time in N.C.). Plus, you can add another saltwater habit in Florida ... great variety of inshore fishing!! Enjoy ... :)

As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Im from Tampa, Army moved me to Killeen for a while and now I am in DC. I will tell you this, SD Temple is awesome, Austin TX is ok...and all the rest of Texas? No thank you. As soon as I am out of the military I plan on moving back home. id say go to FL, awesome awesome place, decent surf, tons of DZ's and like you said, laid back.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

You could try Chicago. The surfs up at least a couple times a year but the bacteria levels keep the beaches closed most of the time YUK. There are some great jump places there too if the weather cooperates (not too often).
Seriously, I picked Florida. People in FL are the happiest I have ever encountered in the US. Northerners are usually miserable because they hate where they live. Texas gets too cold in the winter
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

:P Its like I always told people when I lived in FL.

"I live in a vacation spot, shit I live an hour away from the most visited attraction in the world! Why would I ever leave to a place that advertises on TV, about my home!?" :ph34r:

Yep, I was born there, but never really lived there except high school and a year of college. Can't blame you for leaving that cluster f..k.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.