shah269

Got titanium?

Did you actually go to the job interview in cast??:o

Yep, I wore a short sleaved shirt and draped the suit jacket over me cos my cast arms were to big to fit though the arms of the jacket.

At the interview I had to complete a multiple choice aptitude test. I had to ask them to fill the forms out for me. :S:ph34r::D

BP
:)

You know.....the way you guys are talking has gotten me thinking. If motorcycle can have airbags that can protect at 45mph impacts why can't skydivers have the same?

WARNING ENGINEER THINGKING HERE
I know of this company that makes the airbag charges, and I also know the company that makes the airbags themselves. Believe it or not the new airbags are no bigger than a bottle of Tylenol.
Now if we could maybe put 4 on your average accident prone skydiver and give them a system whereby they could inflate incase of emergencies such as coming in hot and fast then maybe we could reduce the number of enhanced participants.
The airbags would deploy in under 1sec (any faster and the will hurt you) and turn you into a ball of sorts. You would then bounce a little but then come to rest as the ball slowly deflated. Something like how the mars rovers land.
Not only could it be a safety mechanism but it may also be a new aspect of the sport! We will just need huge bowling pins and you could swoop down, deploy and go for a strike!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yep!!!
Plus I never get hurt,so why would I use such a thing:)

Bry word has it you almost died getting a beer.

I think it would work. You would need 4 airbags that when deployed would form a sphere. But you would have to deploy the thing feet off the ground becasue you would be totally inclosed.......but the issue would be how does one deply when both their hands are inuse.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

shah, already in another thread you came up with a nerdy idea like that. if you think you need to protect yourself so much from the bad, bad ground, why dont you go fucking fly in a tunnel!? :S

us skydivers are proud to be a self-reliant bunch, and all of us knew what we've gotten ourselves into. if you dont like the risk involved, dont do it! :|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Who you calling a nerd!
http://digitalhooligans.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/coleman85.jpg
:P

I'm sorry.......I can't help it! All those years as an engineer had made me want to solve the worlds problems.

:D:D:D

maybe zorbing would be for you!? :o

http://blog.sixwise.com/photos/images/images/187/original.aspx

That's how I got the idea! :)It would never work, you would have no way of activating the system. Your hands would be too busy.
But yeah that was the idea. Anything to prevent people from getting hurt so they could keep flying and spend less time laid out.

:D:D:D

maybe zorbing would be for you!? :o

http://blog.sixwise.com/photos/images/images/187/original.aspx

That's how I got the idea! :)It would never work, you would have no way of activating the system. Your hands would be too busy.
But yeah that was the idea. Anything to prevent people from getting hurt so they could keep flying and spend less time laid out.

uhm, how about you learn to fly your darn canopy the way its intended to!? :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I agree 100% but thougth just incase....
You know for the same reason why I wear all my gear all the time when I ride. I don't plan on falling but just in case i do I wish not to die due to a soccer mom not paying attention.

I agree 100% but thougth just incase....
You know for the same reason why I wear all my gear all the time when I ride. I don't plan on falling but just in case i do I wish not to die due to a soccer mom not paying attention.

well, you been that soccer mom just recently.. ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

well, you been that soccer mom just recently.. ;)

All my close calls on my bike were with soccer moms or soccer dads!
Be it turning with out looking, or merging with out looking and then there is ever popular driving as if they were a fish where by they take up 1.75 lanes on the high way.

But you know, you shouldn't kill all ideas. Change is good! Who knows maybe one day I'll think of a good one that may save your life. And then you would have to write me some sort of thank you letter saying how amazing I am ;)

Never the less, it was just a thought that won't work.

I had a rod in my femur and external fixators on both wrists. I went through Austin airport after 911 with the external fixators sticking out for all to see and nothing beeped, the security guy was as surprised as I was.

Whenever I got wanded the screws in my leg would beep. I had everything removed except for a small screw that broke in my arm, medical grade metal is different I guess because it doesn't bother the guys that give me an MRI either.

Simon

I'm from Iran so I get the "special" treatment at airports. The joke in the office is that I may be on a few "dates" the next time I go on travel.

It doesn't bother me much, hay they have a job to do and I'm going to try and have a little fun. I just hope it all heals up fast so I can jump again.

I'm joining the club on 9 October with an Anterior Cervical Discetomy and Fusion on C4-C6. I've got arthritis, stenosis, lots o'crap with my disks, and bone spurs that are deforming my spinal cord. I won't be jumping again till late in 2010.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Got titanium?

Thought some of you might see the humor .... take a look at the attatchments :o

Now ... who has the best x-ray of your TITANIUM bits B|

OK THAT WAS GOOOOD!
I'll put up a photo when I get a chance.

Shoulder surgery 1: fix stuff x, install screws a
Shoulder surgery 2: fix stuff x (again), install screws b
Shoulder surgery 3: fix stuff t, remove screws b

So yeah, I still have a couple little ones, but the big ones are now gone.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)