BBKid

Question about Swift + 175 reserve

I'm looking at buying a rig, which has a Swift + 175 reserve in it. I'm checking the DOM, serial number and whether the SB has been performed, but I have a question about the wingloading.

I've read a few people on the forums saying that you shouldn't load them "much beyond 1.1 pounds/sq ft", but my question is: what counts as much beyond 1.1? I'm currently 182lbs without gear, but when I'm able to jump the rig (in about 4/5 weeks) it's pretty certain I'll be 175lbs or less (you'll just have to trust me on this). I figure this would put me at an exit weight of 200lbs, which would equate to a wingloading of 1.14lbs/sq ft - would you say this is okay?

I don't know if it's worth mentioning it, but most of my jumps (I know the numbers are pathetic) have been on a PD-218 7 cell with the porosity of a teabag (now grounded).

Thanks for the help!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

There was a service bulleting issued in '94 to check bartacks on the cascades.

I've had a ride on the 200 sq ft version when I weighed about 215 without gear, and the 225 sq ft when I was 230. They both had a really good flare.

edited to fix the link to the SB:
http://www.paraflite.com/PDF/Service%20Bulletin%20Swift%20Plus%20Bartacks.pdf
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Anyone heard of an SB on the Swift Plus? I hadn't but....

http://www.parachuteriggers.com/packing%20instructions.htm

It is listed, but the link to the PDF is broken.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Apparently a few Swift Plus reserves snuck out of the factory with bar tacks (at the C-D cascade) that were so wide they missed the inner line. I have inspected dozens of Swift Pluses since the service bulletin was issued and never found any bad enough that they had to be re-sewn.
But I still look closely at every bar-tack in every Swift.
Call me an anal-retentive, narrow-minded, control-freak Master Rigger.

I have inspected dozens of Swift Pluses since the service bulletin was issued and never found any bad enough that they had to be re-sewn.
But I still look closely at every bar-tack in every Swift.

Maybe all riggers should check the bartacks for all reserves regardless of mfg.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am